Prosecutions under Pat P ??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I start a new thread by poking a stick into the brown & smelly stuff and asking if anyone has heard of a Part P prosecution other than the very first two at the begining of the scheme. One in Newcastle,one in Bath , I think they were, I've got details somewhere. I follow the trade mags like Proffesional Electrician and the ECN but they are the only ones quoted.

Deke

Nor can I, but I've come across 3 dodgy jobs recently with blatant flouting of regs and part P (I think these are being done by ex site workers), and have decided that from now on I will encourage customers to report these people - its eating into my work and ruining reputation of our trade.

Nor can I, but I've come across 3 dodgy jobs recently with blatant flouting of regs and part P (I think these are being done by ex site workers), and have decided that from now on I will encourage customers to report these people - its eating into my work and ruining reputation of our trade.
Tried this recently binks (i posted here about the builders electrical work in a kitchen)....it all fell on deaf ears all customer wanted was for me to put the S*** installation right for as cheap as possible & didnt want LABC involved as they were worried about the other building work that had been done (conservatory etc) in the end I just rectified the fault that builder had caused & refused to put right the kitchen work.

I called west berks BC & asked the question of reporting non-notified/poor electrical work with respect to part P the reply

"you can email your scheme operator who then notify us, or the homeowner can make a complaint to us"

Email the NICEIC about the work, well I looked on the website but couldnt find anything that stands out saying EMAIL HERE FOR NON NOTIFIED & S*** ELECTRICAL WORK YOUVE COME ACROSS, so I gave up shrugged my shoulders had a grumble about being on the straight & narrow with part P etc & cracked on with the next job .

Can I start a new thread by poking a stick into the brown & smelly stuff and asking if anyone has heard of a Part P prosecution other than the very first two at the beginning of the scheme. One in Newcastle,one in Bath , I think they were, I've got details somewhere. I follow the trade mags like Profesional Electrician and the ECN but they are the only ones quoted.

Deke
Mmm...

Somebody (another electrician) who used my registration number and my name and address to complete EIC's...

Although his work was 'adequate' he breached 9 counts of the Part P scheme, which included falsifying documents...

He was taken to court and pleaded guilty, given a smallish fine and community service..plus...

He had to pay

Wasn't he on rogue traders?

As far NICEY are concerned perhaps we need to lobby them to set up official procedure insted of hassling us to not forget sleeving on switch lines and other in-terminal crepe

Some bloke up your way (well Wolverhampton anyway) has just been done for shoddy spark work again exto.http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/09/23/cowboy-electrician-may-face-jail-term/
phtt! :eek: :|

Well bloomin heck!

There I was thinking ohhhhhh this is a relevant article....

just had our local "Free" newspaper come through the door and lo and behold article about electrical facing prison..

me thinks...

ohh I shall scan that and copy it onto the forum as it is a topical thread....

and low and behold... M107's has pulled the biggest trump card of all "Pushy Shovey jobs" and already got the article on AND a website link rather than a newspaper scan!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! X( :_| :_| :_|

well spotted that man:p:x

hope you got no connections to Express & Star newspapers M107???:S

not tryin to boost their circulation on commission???]:)Blushing:^O:^O:^O

phtt! :eek: :|Well bloomin heck!

There I was thinking ohhhhhh this is a relevant article....

just had our local "Free" newspaper come through the door and lo and behold article about electrical facing prison..

me thinks...

ohh I shall scan that and copy it onto the forum as it is a topical thread....

and low and behold... M107's has pulled the biggest trump card of all "Pushy Shovey jobs" and already got the article on AND a website link rather than a newspaper scan!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! X( :_| :_| :_|

well spotted that man:p:x

hope you got no connections to Express & Star newspapers M107???:S

not tryin to boost their circulation on commission???]:)Blushing:^O:^O:^O
No connections with the paper at all SL, I got the link sent to me today by my brother so it's his top trump ........... but I'm more than happy to take the credit :^O

Copy of an email just recieved 2day

"Misrepresentation

Thank you for your previous correspondence concerning the misrepresentation by POL Build Ltd

I can confirm that POL Build Ltd is not registered as either an Approved Contractor or a Domestic Installer with this organisation. This matter is currently being investigated London Borough of Brent & Harrow

There has just been a successful prosecution round our way (high peak)

Bloke got fined

spose with a lot of these things where a "new law" is introduced..

there has to be a settling in "honeymoon period"....

because during the first 18 months / 2 years I guess there is the reasonable argument that you didn't know the law had changed?

but now 3 year + down the line...

It would be a bit harder to argue ignorance?

?:| :|

Are these prosecutions people doing electrical work for money or stuff on their own homes?

I still feel if I want to kill myself @ home I can find a better way than electricity, but that shouldn't stop me doing electrical work. Infact it doesn't

:)

Are these prosecutions people doing electrical work for money or stuff on their own homes?I still feel if I want to kill myself @ home I can find a better way than electricity, but that shouldn't stop me doing electrical work. Infact it doesn't

What! stop you killing yourself??

how many re-incarnations have you had apache..?

you a time lord or something??? ?:|

Are these prosecutions people doing electrical work for money or stuff on their own homes?I still feel if I want to kill myself @ home I can find a better way than electricity, but that shouldn't stop me doing electrical work. Infact it doesn't

ANSWER #2:

I guess most are people trading as electricians..

unhappy customer start complaints...

ends up getting round to Part P!

What! stop you killing yourself??how many re-incarnations have you had apache..?

you a time lord or something??? ?:|
I meant electrical work. :p

If I want to fit an outside light then I do think I should be able to. You can buy the instruments off net and operate on your own dog - if you want to......

I meant electrical work. :p If I want to fit an outside light then I do think I should be able to. You can buy the instruments off net and operate on your own dog - if you want to......
oh erh!!!!!

shouldn't this bit be in the "General chat area" as opposed to "Electrician Talk"? :p ; \Blushing

operating on Dogs indeed!!! :eek: :p

what if you haven't got a Dog?

can I operate on my neighbours Dog? :D ; \ ]:)

Latest posts