Protek MCB's and RCBO's equivalents

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sworld

Electrical Technician
Reaction score
Hi all.

Does anyone know if there is another manufacturers mcb's and rcbo's that will fit into a Protek board?

Cheers. :)

Hi all.Does anyone know if there is another manufacturers mcb's and rcbo's that will fit into a Protek board?

I'm stuggling on this one?????????????? :( :_|

are we allowed to use a hammer and floorboard chisle to get them to fit? ?:|

are we allowed to use a hammer and floorboard chisle to get them to fit? ?:|
no but u can use a fein multimaster to shoehorn them in, a little cut here and a little cut there and hey presto , it falls to bits :_|

I'm trying to get some RCBO's off e-bay but Protek ones are a little rare! The mcb's aren't a problem really and are only about

Hi

I have had the same problem locating protek rcbo's I have just found out today that the protek mcb is identical to one from city electrical's own company MCG. So I'm going to try one in a Protek board on Friday. They look identical even down to the printing on the front.

Hope this helps..

HiI have had the same problem locating protek rcbo's I have just found out today that the protek mcb is identical to one from city electrical's own company MCG. So I'm going to try one in a Protek board on Friday. They look identical even down to the printing on the front.

Hope this helps..
Hello and welcome :D

Mr Sworld is a notoriously slow worker and he's unlikely to have completed this job from 18 months ago yet. Good job it wasn't Sandra 'lightning' Evans - Heshe would have been done, well 18 months ago.

:D

Hi all.Does anyone know if there is another manufacturers mcb's and rcbo's that will fit into a Protek board?

hi Sworld

not sure if that is any help but I saw quite few protek rcbos in a contactum board ,but not sure if the other way round works.

I think the proteus boards and MCB's are very similar and may fit.

dont want to distract from the OP but while we are on the subject ive got to source some SCHUPA / GET breakers, i was told that these are the same as proteus i cant chek this at the moment, anyone know if this is true? cheers

City Electricals company MCG motor control gear.. there rcbos will fit same product just branded diferently.. hope this helps.. stitchy

Wow! This thread got resurrected from the graveyard!

I'm such a slow worker that I replaced the Protek board with a Wylex. Argued with the G.F. lots, split up and now we're selling the house!

Ohhh... I knew I should of got the contract in with the deadline!