Put myself in a right situation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening Mate - In that case, I shall leave it to you. :D

im with Napit and have submitted a cert almost 3months behind basically because it was filed with tax returns at some point, was issued no problem, ive even issued cert for completed extensions around six weeks before the lbc came to sign the whole job off, some builders are so slow you cant wait around for them to finish everything!

Hi Barx..Here's my thoughts one the various points raised so far on this thread:-

1) Re back dating certificates... I would be careful of back dating a certificate if it is to a date before the building works were completed? Cuz I assume the LABC will have to sign off the building works..

If anyone did check the electric certificate and found that it was theoretically done before ceilings and roofs were finished then ???? well who knows??

2) I assume you are a qualified spark with you C&G's.. competent to do the work test the work and complete an EIC?

If so then all you need the LABC is to confirm compliance with building regs as you can provide compliance with BS7671! with your EIC.

3) our local council has a sliding scale of charges.. as follows;

works carried out by competent electrician but not registered to self cert..

cheers for all the help so far, just to answer a few queries:

The build itself was finished ages ago, plastering and conservatory we've been waiting for. All walls and lid completed before I 1st fixed.

Qualifications: no I dont have C&G, I have had 2381 for 3 years, cant do inspection and testing yet as local college say they aren't doing it this year due to lack of interest. I really find it hard to believe.

I am hoping to do C&G as soon as gaffer lets me. At mo he is now off sick for 6 months with a bent spine and I'm running the job (think that says I know what i'm on with ;) hehe)

Spoke to gaffer and he is going to ring napit and see what he can do. Hope it works out.

cheers

Qualifications: no I dont have C&G, I have had 2381 for 3 years, cant do inspection and testing yet as local college say they aren't doing it this year due to lack of interest. I really find it hard to believe.
Who would do Test and Inspect this year when you'd have to re-sit it for the 17th version in a few months time? :(