PV Installer Question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge of Alternativeenergyservices based in Rainham? They have quoted me for a PV plus batteries system, but the salesmanship seems a bit high pressure.

if you don't like them, dont use them, find someone else. Part of being MCS registered is that you also have to be registered with HIES or similar warranty outfit and high pressure sales tactics go against the codes of conduct. Everest (as in the double glazing) was kicked off the MCs register for using such tactics.

Thanks binky - I'm leaning that way too. They are quoting, for the same price as my current preferred installer, 14 Hyundai 400W panels instead of 16 JA Solar 360W and 7.2Kw Pylontech vs 6.4 kW which led to my query (I'd prefer Korean panels to Chinese as they may have a more reliable warranty- although the inverter and batteries are Chinese in both quotes - but I'm probably speculating more than necessary about the warranty thing and besides you said on another thread that JA Solar are OK)
I think I'll stick with the JA Solar guy and give the other a miss.

JA are fine, you have to remember the Chinese bought German automated production equipment to make the silicone wafers and panels. They also use TuV to oversee their quality control systems.