PV Panels from EURENER - Any field experience?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hello

I just discovered the brand Eurener,
They claim to have a unique technology called MWT Metal Wrapped Through which eliminates hot spots (ie when a panel has a small area shaded, this area becomes a hot spot and could lead to failure).

They are a European company based in Spain. They said made in Europe (instead of made of china for a change :) )

https://eurenergroup.com/
https://www.pv-magazine.com/press-releases/mwt-the-most-efficient-best-back-contact-solution-for-pv/
Does anyone know about Eurener and what do you think of their panels? I start to get quotes and this is the first one that mentions such panels. I never heard from them.

Thanks

Attachments

• Eurener_MEPV-126_ULTRA_375-385Wp_2022EN.pdf
    784.4 KB · Views: 0
Never come across these, but the efficiency is where it should be. You can get German panels as well. Not all panels were MCS registered , so wholesalers don't import these to the UK

Thanks Binky,

actually those are sold by REST and they claimed they have exclusivity with Eurener to sell their panels in the UK as they wanted to be the only one providing that technology MWT. So I was told.
As I trust no one I like to do my own research and get different opinions thus my post here.

Thanks Binky,

actually those are sold by REST and they claimed they have exclusivity with Eurener to sell their panels in the UK as they wanted to be the only one providing that technology MWT. So I was told.
As I trust no one I like to do my own research and get different opinions thus my post here.
Fair enough, it's fair to say I just work with what's easily available. If they will let you, try Krannich solar, German outfit who do offer different panels.

Hi
I do not know that brand I'll have a look

A part of the efficiency did you notice instead of the 12 and 25 year warranty, they do 15 and 30.

I got confirmation that that brand is only sold by REST in the UK. Why, I have no idea.....

Hi
I do not know that brand I'll have a look

A part of the efficiency did you notice instead of the 12 and 25 year warranty, they do 15 and 30.

I got confirmation that that brand is only sold by REST in the UK. Why, I have no idea.....
Cheap, why else, and possibly down to easier availability. There's also an element of sales patter, and having something to distinguish your product from others.

Cheap ? The panels? I would not think so but I guess to agree on exclusivity, they must have secured a certain volume and therefore a price.

I got more info about this brand.

Attached a presentation of the product and this comment directly from them

"PERC technology has been in the market for years now. It doesn't mean it's not an updated cell tech, it just means that there are way more efficient options in the market these days. MWT is one of them.
On the other hand a panel without busbars also has a better BIPV than a conventional panel with busbars"

Attachments

• ULTRA 375-385Wp Presentation_EN_2022_compressed.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
one of the main drivers of improving solar panels has been reducing non absorbing spaces on the front, such as the busbars. Another innovation is bi-facial cells that absord some extra energy from the rear of the cells.refelcted off the roof. I wouldn't worry about it too much, panels efficency and wattage is what matters most. I see from the pictures they also use half cells. I used to love this panel, with unique wiring, but they gave up making them as it was complicated

Attachments

• 2013-05-17 12.22.46.jpg
    2013-05-17 12.22.46.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Binky,

So I am good to go with Eurener :) They tick all the boxes plus some extra such as warranty.

Regarding your image this is exactly what this guy is drawing when explaining MWT

Ha, yes, saw that in your other post. They stopped making those a few years ago, but ideas don't go way.

At the moment, if you can get panels, but them! As for the warranties, it would tend to show confidence in the product, but they aren't worth anything unless underwritten by a third party, and 25-30 years extension isn't that unusual these days. NB the extended warranty is performance only, if a panel fails, you get a replacement but costs for installation.

So does that mean you quite like what you read/learnt about those Spanish panels? ;)
Not my monkies, not my circus 😃.

That's code for it's not my problem because I haven't fitted them for a customer. I stick to what I know, but past experience has never revealed a problem panel. The only widely reported panel issue was with Trina before they went bust. The stuff they produced in the last 6 months of existence was crap.

For info for whoever is interested. I have got the full product catalogue.
The Ultra Premium 440Wp is impressive
22.30% Efficiency but also
20 years product warranty (+5 years for premium partners)
30 years linear performance warranty at 91.75%

They are on page 37.

Attachments

• Eurener-Product-Catalogue_JUN-2022_Digital_compressed.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
For info for whoever is interested. I have got the full product catalogue.
The Ultra Premium 440Wp is impressive
22.30% Efficiency but also
20 years product warranty (+5 years for premium partners)
30 years linear performance warranty at 91.75%

They are on page 37.
Less than 10% degradation over 30years is impressive.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.