Pyro Termination Video

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtimespark

Reaction score
Found the video tape for termination of Pyro which I mentioned here a few weeks ago.

Here it is in three parts:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think Beverly should have got a different colour jacket...

It doe-arf clash with the background IMHO!:DBlushingROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

but she is Very Very clever...

seams to know ALL the right questions to ask!!!:DApplaud SmileyBlushing] :)

I love doing Pyro, and SWA.

And an excellent find, which I am sure will be appreciated by Qualified and Student Electricians, alike. :)

I suppose the old bang it in with plyers method is now out of the window!

Good find though and people who have never used it will find the vids very good.

One reason why most pyro fails is the fact that poor seals are made on installation.

I tested some pyro that had been installed sometime in the 1960's and still had good insulation readings, due to the fact that it was installed properly.

A fews ago I worked for an air conditioning installer that did alot of work with Nat West and Barclays all had to have pyro, not one of the engineers had a rotary stripper (nice to finally see what one looks like) all used pipe cutters and pliers headbang

Rotary strippers will only strip the smaller sizes of Pyro, anything bigger and it is a sidecutters job.AndyGuinness
Very useful video, thanks.

I'm in my second term studying 2330, and have just finished an excercise with MICC. We had the rotary strippers, which I found very easy to use. Unlike trying to do it with side cutters - couldn't seem to get the hang of that at all!

L IV

thank you so much for finding these videos, i have my AM2 in a few weeks and wont be so nervous with the MI now! thank you!!

Louis, I once had to strip the sheath off of a set of tails 4 metres in length (16mm 4 core), by the end you get the hang of it and stressed out, but glad its done :) AndyGuinness
Good grief! How come the tails had to be so long? Greenhorns want to know.