Pyronix enforcer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goonzy

Reaction score
I’ve had the Pyronix enforcer installed for 2 years but don’t use it as I feel it makes too much noise when setting it.

Is there a way to remove the sounds when setting it. Also Can I use the alarm without the outdoor siren.

Basically I want the alarm to be as silent as possible. And just receive notifications on the app.

The gent I used to install it retired and I don’t have the engineers code, he handed over to a company and they are now dealing with his customers. Unfortunately they are the most expensive in the area.

Unlike wired panels, the enforcer has a wireless siren, so there are no cables to cut, you have to tell the alarm the siren does not exist, you can also change the exit and entry tone volume to 0 (which is off) but it will beep just as it sets.

To alter the programming you will need the engineer code, do you have it?
As a side note, you say you have had the alarm for 2 years, you will need to change all the device batteries soon.

Unlike wired panels, the enforcer has a wireless siren, so there are no cables to cut, you have to tell the alarm the siren does not exist, you can also change the exit and entry tone volume to 0 (which is off) but it will beep just as it sets.

To alter the programming you will need the engineer code, do you have it?
As a side note, you say you have had the alarm for 2 years, you will need to change all the device batteries soon.
Brilliant, thanks for the swift reply. Unfortunatley I don’t have the engineers code. The gent retired and passed all his work onto another company. They will have the code, whether they give me it or not, I don’t know. They Might want to come out and change it to another code. It’s the one company in town I don’t want to give custom too. They are known as being expensive/rip offs

Why not call round and ask another company will they take it over? * but don't forget you will have to change the batteries in ALL of your devices soon as the life expectancy is just over 2 years, you could ask the new company to do it, or try yourself.

* If you do ask another company, say to them "I don't mind if you don't install it, but do you install a lot of Pyronix Enforcers?" If they say no, say thanks and goodbye. If they say yes, ask them again and are you sure?
The reasoning is, there are so many makes and models of alarm panel no company does everything, and some hate Pyronix.

Why not call round and ask another company will they take it over? * but don't forget you will have to change the batteries in ALL of your devices soon as the life expectancy is just over 2 years, you could ask the new company to do it, or try yourself.

* If you do ask another company, say to them "I don't mind if you don't install it, but do you install a lot of Pyronix Enforcers?" If they say no, say thanks and goodbye. If they say yes, ask them again and are you sure?
The reasoning is, there are so many makes and models of alarm panel no company does everything, and some hate Pyronix.
Thanks again.

I’ll call the company on Monday. I’m happy to change all the batteries myself, just want all the noises to a minimum first.

To disconnect the siren, and to lower the rest of the volumes, any idea how much I am looking at?

any idea how much I am looking at
I do not know where you are, I do not know the labour rate where you are, I do not know the company call out charge, I do not know where your siren is (Take the batteries out as well as delete it) I do not know how long the job will take, I do not know what the engineer code is, so I am going to have to say, no idea how much it will be. :(

To disconnect the siren, and to lower the rest of the volumes, any idea how much I am looking at?

Unfortunately these how much will it cost questions really are impossible to answer..
especially with this type of work that does not require any major legal hoops to jump through to continue trading..

e.g. I know of a semi retired guy, (think he's now late 50's but don't think 60yet?), who does not need to work...
financially secure following a nice sum of inheritance after both parents passed away.. (only child!)..

But he still really enjoys getting out of the house, for a few hours a couple of days a week, to earn a bit of beer money..
and will happily go and do servicing additions & alterations to any alarm system he's confident to work on..

He can do almost any job for a price that would never ever be cost effective for a mid 30's, sole trader, trying to build a business, pay a mortgage and feed his young family!!

So you could just pick any number.. it may be right.. or may be wrong?
You just need to ring around a few local traders to get some numbers to put into your own personal comparison calculator.