Qualifications Query

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazzb91

Reaction score
Right, im sure you guys get this all the time but here I go (new to this by the way).

so 4 years ago I started my apprenticeship, picked things up very well so was given a van as a 2nd year apprentice and worked alone from then on out pretty much, therefore I fell behind on my portfolio (nvq3). Anyway I finished everything in college, passed everything with flying colours.... minus my portfolio due to no supervision to take pictures. As soon as I finish college, the company I worked for went into liquidation, so im unemployed now.

So as im aware I have c&g level 2+3 and am2.

Does this mean im not qualified?

Will I struggle finding another job with just these?

I a got taught to the 17th edition, but do I need to sit a seperate exam for that?

Your help would be really appreciated as im MEGGA confused.

Personally i wouldn't know what qualifications are required in todays terms,

But some one will be along with the info with the actual quals required.

Just finished my four years in college, got my c&g 2330 level 2+3 and am2. Just as I finished the company i worked for goes into liquidation.... Sod's law, so I'm unemployed now.

But as a 2nd year apprentice I was given a van and worked alone from then on more or less, therefore fell behind on my portfolio for the nvq level 3 due to no supervision taking pictures. So now I'm around 15-20 pictures of from completing it, most of the pictures require fault finding, safe iso + testing. So I don't suppose there's anyone willing to help me for one day

Pretty please :)

I have also merged your 4th post onto this same thread as it is mostly relating to the same topic. Cluttering the forum with numerous posts of very similar content will just make it harder for others to use the forum. If everyone posted three of more variations of their questions or comments then the forum would become unusable.

Doc H.

Are you serious... It's a completely different topic. I'm asking for help and your in the way... AGAIN! Go and moderate elsewhere, desperate here!

Are you serious... It's a completely different topic. I'm asking for help and your in the way... AGAIN! Go and moderate elsewhere, desperate here!
Doc is a very experienced moderator - I would be surprised if he has acted incorrectly. Looking at your posts, I believe the questions you have asked all relate to the same thing - your qualification.

I would advise losing some of the attitude, if you want people to help you out.

You may also want to temper the attitude before one of the other moderators comes along. Even the owners are scared of Mr. Smith - you don`t want to upset everyone.....?

Admin 4

If you haven't completed the nvq3 then unfortunately your unqualified and will prob hinder your chances of working as a spark but you can be a labourer. :)

Right, im sure you guys get this all the time but here I go (new to this by the way).

so 4 years ago I started my apprenticeship, picked things up very well so was given a van as a 2nd year apprentice and worked alone from then on out pretty much, therefore I fell behind on my portfolio (nvq3). Anyway I finished everything in college, passed everything with flying colours.... minus my portfolio due to no supervision to take pictures. As soon as I finish college, the company I worked for went into liquidation, so im unemployed now.

So as im aware I have c&g level 2+3 and am2.

Does this mean im not qualified?

Will I struggle finding another job with just these?

I a got taught to the 17th edition, but do I need to sit a seperate exam for that?

Your help would be really appreciated as im MEGGA confused.
Lol booooring! I'm outa here anyway! It's shockingly bad

Looking at the evidence you clearly did not pick things up very well as you failed to keep on top of your college course requirements and the company sounds a bit of a less desirable operation sending unqualified staff out to work alone, unsupervised at customer sites. Hardly surprising the business failed. You also lack the ability to respect others on an established forum that has been operating and growing successfully for many years. If you re read your own posts the similarities of content are overwhelming and as you don't pay for or manage the forum we will reserve the right to moderate and manage the forum as we please. If you thought the forum was shockingly bad, why join in the first place, couldn't you read the typical content of other threads? On a positive note during your very short 1 day visit you made it quite clear what sort of attitude you have, so hopefully it has saved any of our members wasting their own time trying to assist your due to your own incompetence. Goodbye.

Doc H.