Qualificstions for Membership Napit or NICEIC?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIS0992

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been in the industry for around 20 years but looking for 1st time to join a Napit or NICEIC as domestic installer only....this is where I need help. I have Part 1/2 C&G 2330, Part "p" and 2391-52 for test and inspect. Does anyone know of this is sufficient for joining as Website is a bit of a minefield to understand on both parties. Help please....

Hi all,
I have been in the industry for around 20 years but looking for 1st time to join a Napit or NICEIC as domestic installer only....this is where I need help. I have Part 1/2 C&G 2330, Part "p" and 2391-52 for test and inspect. Does anyone know of this is sufficient for joining as Website is a bit of a minefield to understand on both parties. Help please....
Yes think definitively only way but wkend and was hoping someone was of the same qualification wise and could put it to bed as it was I had a worrying thought that part "p" wasn't really taken anymore as on "grapevine" it was not taken into consideration anymore. Is it??,

As far as I know "Part P" is a regulation not a qualification.

If all your going to be doing is domestic, then go with the cheaper one as there isn't really much difference between them.

One main advantage of Niceic is it can open doors for bigger commercial or industrial jobs.

As long as you have a level 3 qualification ,, inspection and test qual and BS 7671 and an open wallet your good to go ,just give them a ring and they can tell you in a minute or 2 , ladies I spoke too was most helpful . Good Luck

Probably just need to add the 2382 18th edition qualification (with amendment 2) to your list to show you are up to date

As far as I know "Part P" is a regulation not a qualification.
Yes your right but when I got this it was the definitive thing to have to be able to do domestic self certificate. As I said I've only part 1 and 2 of 2330 c&g but have 2382 (18th) 2391-52 (test and inspect) which until I get onto them tomorrow not gonna know if this is OK for self certs etc as got a ton of work (domestic)coming my way which I need.

So many sparks have been conned into getting a "Part P qualification" by unscrupulous corse providers the truth is the qualification does not exist, all you have to do is read and understand the Regulation, a bit like saying your a "qualified electrician" there is no such qualification.

Genuinely curious,
What exactly is it the courses are selling as a part p qualification,?
As said above, part P is a building regulation, and I really an interested as to what is/was being sold .

I suspect it's sitting in a room with someone reading the Regulation to the assembled throng, and then a written test, which all means nothing in reality.

NAPIT all the way, loads cheaper than NIC and you are not charged extra for add ons to your membership. May have changed but NUC wanted more for 3 phase and PAT testing

The City & Guilds 2393-10 I believe covers Part P of the Building Regulations.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.