"Quality Building Services" aka QBS (UK) LTD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6351

Reaction score
Has anyone actually heard of these people and/or entered into any contract with them?

I spoke to one of their peeps today who tried (not aggressively I might add) to get me on board...

Apparently, they provide services to insurers etc to supply trades, promise to give you a 30 mile radius to cover and all for a (what seemed to be) reasonable commission, i.e. on jobs

I can't believe you're even asking the question or even bothered to look into it.

Walk away, doesn;t even need discussing.

Thanks chaps - that was my impression, but when work is short it's easy to become tempted!!

Reality check much appreciated.

I'll settle for a gentle jog.. too many wines this eve! (sorry, on the phone so can't do the smiley)

It would be nice though, just the once, to not have to be so mis-trusting!

As t'others have said...

2 good 2 be true! ;)

and IF... (and its a very big IF), there were any good reasons to go with any such similar business..

I would want to be with a business that has been trading more than 8 months!!!

and that has at least filed some accounts so far!

it's always good to do a check at companies house to get a quick indication...

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/089c03a45e7915bd1ecd070acc8f334a/compdetails

Never, ever, EVER go into a deal with a company who will promise to provide you with work AFTER you have paid them money.

If they were any good at bringing work in they would just want to charge a comission on your work.

I don't know but I seem to get loads of these calling all the time, new scheme, More work, associated with 999 services, recommended by, In contact with, have been asked by the local councils, it's all a load of B******s.

Yet just another way to scam you !!

They knock on your door as well with their ID cards to show you how official they are..

Give you sob stories about how they need to raise money for their Grans sky diving lessons

I love going through it with them then shoot them down, gives me great entertainment......

I used to say, sorry love not interested and have phone put down on me, so now if I bother to pick the call up I just put it on mute and leave them to it

Indeed Specs.. and the one thing I found, which I neglected to mention earlier, was a dissolved company with the same name, and just up the road!

Another reason why I'd thought I'd show them two fingers.

A winding up order was made against Quality Build Services Limited on 11 October 2011 on a petition presented on 19 August 2011 by the Secretary Of State for Business Innovation & Skill following an investigation under the provisions of section 447 of the Companies Act 1985. The Official Receiver is liquidator.

Customers who paid by debit card, or who are unsuccessful in their attempt to obtain a refund from their credit card company, will have a claim in the liquidation. Any dividend to creditors will depend on assets realised.

Any creditors of the company should contact the Official Receiver

A winding up order was made against Quality Build Services Limited on 11 October 2011 on a petition presented on 19 August 2011 by the Secretary Of State for Business Innovation & Skill following an investigation under the provisions of section 447 of the Companies Act 1985. The Official Receiver is liquidator.Customers who paid by debit card, or who are unsuccessful in their attempt to obtain a refund from their credit card company, will have a claim in the liquidation. Any dividend to creditors will depend on assets realised.

Any creditors of the company should contact the Official Receiver