quick question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikel

Reaction score
I've just completed (and passed hooray) my C & G 2392 course and exam. In the exam there was a question which I'm unsure of the answer so I thought I'd seek an answer from 'real sparkies' rather than bookworms. The question was

Which sense (sight, touch, smell or hearing) would give the best indication that a 3036 fuse had tripped when a part of a circuit was energised. The question didn't give where you might be etc other than in a domestic situation.

Any ideas???????

Congratulations Mikel.

I ain't a spark yet - but the answer is "Smell" - I believe. :)

I'd go with the smell and possibly the "Black" burn mark on the fuse, too. :p :D

mmmmmm,

touch,

cos you wouldnt get a SHOCK..!!!!! :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

seriously, gotta be smell,

sight would be NO use till u pulled the carrier, and touch,

well as I already pointed out!!!!!

As you now now the 2392 is a tricky ***** of an exam. All answers could be correct. If this was not one of the multiple choice answers i would say all of them and write an essay explaining why ( that's probably how i managed to pass). Hearing would be the correct answer if you were there, followed by smell, then sight and when the carrier is removed that's touch.

If you turned up after the event, sight is the only correct answer.

But i still give a board a good sniff to find the approximate area of a blown fuse.

I've just completed (and passed hooray) my C & G 2392 course and exam. In the exam there was a question which I'm unsure of the answer so I thought I'd seek an answer from 'real sparkies' rather than bookworms. The question was Which sense (sight, touch, smell or hearing) would give the best indication that a 3036 fuse had tripped when a part of a circuit was energised. The question didn't give where you might be etc other than in a domestic situation.

Any ideas???????
Just my thoughts, but I think a very ambiguous qeustion..

Sight........Well only from an inspection point of view (Have a look)

Touch.......After removal yes, but bottom of the list?

Hearing.....Only if a serious overload occured otherwise coulld be just a fizz..

Smell....My favoured choce of answer...

And yes, I suppose you would apply all of them....

Because they are all used for assessing a fault scenario..

:D

I had a very similar question in my 2382-10 and my answer of "Smell" was correct. ;)