Quickest route to MCS??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillpete

Reaction score
Hi I've been asked to install a domestic pv system ASAP to ensure they can get The feed in tariff, but I am not currently MCS.(I explained this to them and said I would look into it)

I have seen that people say it takes 4 months, is there a fast track course or anything as this is a good client so I would prefer to carry out the work if possible

fast track

WTF is it with people and fast track these days?

have you got your PV yet?

that is the first thing you need, so get booked in for that ASAP, then worry about MCS.

BTW, you will also need part P accreditation, working at heights, manual handling, CoSHH etc.

fast trackWTF is it with people and fast track these days?

have you got your PV yet?

that is the first thing you need, so get booked in for that ASAP, then worry about MCS.

BTW, you will also need part P accreditation, working at heights, manual handling, CoSHH etc.
"Calm down dear"

This is exactly why I am asking if there is a one stop course, I am niceic already but have not done anything other than the basic health and safety required for jib and no CoSHH etc. It seems like a bit of a ball ache to book onto 4 separate courses.

if installing a system, and then you register 3 months later once certified. Are the payments back dated from the start of the generation meter?

you have to commission and notify the system within 30days IIRC,

so I dont think they will back date it 3 months, and I think most inverters have a time stamp on them.

ECA do a one day "Easy MCS" course that covers evreything you need to know for accreditation, apparantly. I'm doing it next week so I'll give you my feed back if you like.

ECA do a one day "Easy MCS" course that covers evreything you need to know for accreditation, apparantly. I'm doing it next week so I'll give you my feed back if you like.

Latest posts