quiet!!?!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshgit

Reaction score
Is anybody out there busy?

Down here in sunny South Wales it seems that the public want me to work for nothing and only charge them half the bill for materials!!!!!!

The only calls I'm answering at the moment is from marketing companies telling me that for a one off fee of

Not at all, Welshgit.

You will find a lot of sparks agreeing with you.

I WAS quiet; but have picked up again, in the last few weeks.

I THINK that I`m probably sorted AT LEAST until easter!

(and I`m NOT particularly cheap)

Hope things pick up for you soon.....

As regards your other post - site sparx looking to get rid of materials would be my guess. Only thing you can do is suggest the customer gets a couple more local quote (me, for example). I`d be quoting something similar to you, or more. Then ask the customer what they think they`ll get for such a low figure??

i've been mad busy last two months or so but all the other trades seem to be moaning about not having work so i'm sure it'l catch me up, have to say i'm not getting as many phone calls during the day.

as for people wanting everything for nothing....hows this, customer comes home(im rewiring his kitchen extension) for dinner, asks if i wanted anything from the shop, hmmm i says a sandwich would be nice if he didnt mind, he duly comes back with one and charges me

I have gone from scraping a weeks work to having 3 weeks stacked

and i have done nothing different.....

Blimey, I keep trying to post an answer to this but it keeps saying I'm not logged in .Deke
NOOOOO

my PC wont let me see this post you just done either....

it says "ERROR 104-6539: DEKE NOT LOGGED IN"

[recommended action; shoulda picked a better user name!]

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

I know its just my boring real name but I did'nt notice that everyone used pseudonyms , too late now , must remember not to mention cash work, one of these strange names could be Big Brother ( Orwellian not the pathetic Channel 4 one) Any road up back to the post, my phone 'aint ringing like it shoulda, I've been busy for the last 14 years but its slowing down now and this is Birmingham, City of a Thousand Trades.

Deke

I know its just my boring real name but I did'nt notice that everyone used pseudonyms , too late now
No it's Not. Admin is the only one that can change your Username. So if you would like to change it something else, let me know in a PM and I will gladly change it for you Mate. (Subject to it being available, of course. :p ).

With reagrd to your "Logged out", Make sure you tick the "Keep me Signed in box". Then you will never experience that again. ;)

I know its just my boring real name but I did'nt notice that everyone used pseudonyms , too late now , must remember not to mention cash work, one of these strange names could be Big Brother ( Orwellian not the pathetic Channel 4 one) Any road up back to the post, my phone 'aint ringing like it shoulda, I've been busy for the last 14 years but its slowing down now and this is Birmingham, City of a Thousand Trades.Deke
its interesting, DEKE, bit like a hillbilly, ]:)

better than bloody ALBERT. :(

Im gonna start calling myself ROSSI or BECKS or something now. :^O

Ah.. eeeerm .... well.. must admit.. its not my actual name.. its short for... D-D-D no ..I can't say .. its too awfull.. Deke is what everyone I ever worked with calls me .

Oh all right then ...its D........................ahhh! there goes that log-in problem again.

It woiuldnt be derek by any chance would it :eek:
dont be stoopid,

squeal like a pig boy!!!!!

squeal, squeal.......

sorry Deke, jus I used to know this guy called deks that looked like his sister was his dad.... :^O :^O:^O:^O

]:) ] :) ]:)

Is anybody out there busy?!
Some yes, others no...

Location perhaps? Yes & no...

But things will get better, and we are at the busy time of the year........

;)

Ok I give up , Its Derek. I'll have think of a new one and get it changed.

Steps, you've lost me , " A guy that looked like his sister was his dad..." No ca'nt figure that one out !!

Deke

Thanks for advice , Admin, Oh I ca'nt view the Photobucket pictures , is there something I need to do.Deke
All photobucket pictures or certain ones?

There are a few links on here that are not working.