Quote visit checklist.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'd appreciate that - JIB.

If you can E-mail it to me, I will put it on the "Tips and Tricks" section, Not on here Mate.

:)

All done, awaits approval from kme and Admin.

what email addy do i send it too?

It appears that there may be a necessity for some sort of checklist, when going to see a job; in order to avoid missing important information.(Not just recent starters either, I just messed up by not realising the lighting circuit I had to rewire was in a flat roof, 2 storey extension, with 8 x 4 T+G bugboard on the floor :( :( :( )

So - Lets see if we can get something together. I`m sure others will suggest points I miss ;)

As an aside, the "easycert" software lets you print "site survey" forms, which will allow you to note down the electrical necessities? :|

We are presupposing a domestic environment here guys, okay?

1. Is the area of works flat roofed? no we have tiled roof :^O

2. Is the works notifiable? not to my knowedge

3. Supply type, main switch & C.U. TNCS and yes to main switch and c/u thanks :^O

4. Are main bonds in place? Yes i have checked them they are 10mm green and yellow stripy cables ;)

5. If lighting circuit, and property wiring could be early `70`s, check the wiring isn`t 2 core (no cpc) already rewired the whole place :p

6. While you`re in the house, look for obvious damage to sockets, switches, ancient pendants, etc. no damage to any point in house or outside ;)

7. How much furniture are you likely to have to move around? :p :^O

8. What are the walls made from (brick, timber, stone? internal block, stud, brick, lath?) studded walls/plaster boards up stairs flooor, and brick walls and plastered finish downstairs

9. Accessibility to the loft. Levels of insulation present ( esp. if you`ll be fitting a shower!) about 4 inches of insulation and loft although a complete tip you can get in there if you clamber over all the crap :^O

10. If you think major works are required, and the cabling may be >30n years old, take the cover off the fuse box. Ensure you`re dealing with pvc, not VR or lead! i rewired the whole house 5 years ago ;)

11. Asbestos. Be aware of it. It is in so many things (including artex, up until the early `90`s!!) no asbestos here me laddy :^O

12. If you`re adding an electric shower, outbuilding or large load, ensure the supply will be capable of taking it! we have a 60 amp supply and havent yet blown the fuse...ooops till now :^O

13. Check for "hidden" sockets, PIR lighting, aerial amplifiers hidden in the loft! They`ll throw your Ins readings. no hidden sockets me matey chappy :^O :p

I have been provided with a list of common works, and the expected lengths of time for carrying them out, by one of our members. I will post it shortly, as an attachment to this thread.

HTH

KME
im nly having a bit of fun there in red ;) :run