Radio Teleswitch??

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

raucouspie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could sombody help please... Got a call from a friend and asked to have a look at his neibours CCU she's having a problem with the shower.

Got there to discover that the old cartridge fuses protecting the circuit was gone and a large burn hole in the fuse seat.

After an inspection and a few tests i came to the conclusion that a lose screw and nasty arc had done the damage.

I adivsed on a new CCU (tails ect.) to up date her system.

The problem i'm having is she has 2 CCU's, one fed by a Radio Teleswitch (4x15A fuse) wich I have not encoutered before.

the question is can I amalgamate both CCU's into 1 or do i need to put two back.

I have come to discover that Radio Teleswitches are used for metering purposes but would the supplier change the meter??

would be great, thanks

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Reaction score
Hi,

Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I have bumped your thread back to the top, Unfortunately I can't answer your question... But I can....

...Welcome you to the forum.

Admin1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hi,Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME
You did that "Pushey Shovey" thing. :(

raucouspie

Reaction score
thanks for the info kme,

one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

i supose this means that i will need to get 2 isolators fitted by the supiler??

p.s DNO????

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Reaction score
thanks for the info kme, one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

p.s DNO????
Just a quick point...

any PHOTO's of head CU & teleswitch?

speaks a thousand words as they say??? ;)

raucouspie

Reaction score
no pics sorry and as it's a drive away, the next time i see it will be on the job.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
thanks for the info kme, one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

p.s DNO????
You will not require 2 isolators, what your DNO (electrical supplier) should supply you with is a 4 pole isolator.

The switch inside the cover of the teleswicth will be 'off' until the teleswitch gets it signal to come on usually between 10.30-00.00.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
Hi,Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME
may be economy 10 or even 12, i move house next week and will have electric wet heating, and they offer an economy 12 tariff now. This is through the Scottish Hydro,

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Reaction score
may be economy 10 or even 12, i move house next week and will have electric wet heating, and they offer an economy 12 tariff now. This is through the Scottish Hydro,
Cheers, `aggisGuiness Drink

More info for me......

"KME need INPUT. KME is ALIVE. Not disassemble!!!!!!!!!"

I wasn`t aware of that. You`re a star:xApplaud Smiley