Radio Teleswitch??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raucouspie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could sombody help please... Got a call from a friend and asked to have a look at his neibours CCU she's having a problem with the shower.

Got there to discover that the old cartridge fuses protecting the circuit was gone and a large burn hole in the fuse seat.

After an inspection and a few tests i came to the conclusion that a lose screw and nasty arc had done the damage.

I adivsed on a new CCU (tails ect.) to up date her system.

The problem i'm having is she has 2 CCU's, one fed by a Radio Teleswitch (4x15A fuse) wich I have not encoutered before.

the question is can I amalgamate both CCU's into 1 or do i need to put two back.

I have come to discover that Radio Teleswitches are used for metering purposes but would the supplier change the meter??

would be great, thanks

Hi,

Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME

I have bumped your thread back to the top, Unfortunately I can't answer your question... But I can....

...Welcome you to the forum.

Hi,Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME
You did that "Pushey Shovey" thing. :(

thanks for the info kme,

one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

i supose this means that i will need to get 2 isolators fitted by the supiler??

p.s DNO????

thanks for the info kme, one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

p.s DNO????
Just a quick point...

any PHOTO's of head CU & teleswitch?

speaks a thousand words as they say??? ;)

no pics sorry and as it's a drive away, the next time i see it will be on the job.

thanks for the info kme, one thing i forgot to mention was the switch inside the cover of the radio teleswitch is in the off position does this make any difference???

p.s DNO????
You will not require 2 isolators, what your DNO (electrical supplier) should supply you with is a 4 pole isolator.

The switch inside the cover of the teleswicth will be 'off' until the teleswitch gets it signal to come on usually between 10.30-00.00.

Hi,Your friend has "economy 7". The other CU is the econ7 one, the teleswitch is for changing the supply - it belongs to the DNO. You CANNOT combine the CU`s, as they run from different supplies.

HTH

KME
may be economy 10 or even 12, i move house next week and will have electric wet heating, and they offer an economy 12 tariff now. This is through the Scottish Hydro,

may be economy 10 or even 12, i move house next week and will have electric wet heating, and they offer an economy 12 tariff now. This is through the Scottish Hydro,
Cheers, `aggisGuiness Drink

More info for me......

"KME need INPUT. KME is ALIVE. Not disassemble!!!!!!!!!"

I wasn`t aware of that. You`re a star:xApplaud Smiley