rafsparkboy here !!

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

rafsparkboy

Reaction score
New to this forum, here goes.....

Was an airframes fitter in raf for 12 years, did 236 and 2381 on resettlement training....worked in a factory for 5 mins, didnt like it...went up to brum to a crowd called Electrical Test Services where i did my 2391 and NICEIC pre part p assessment training...excellent bunch of guys, ex forces also....chubbs and baldy john............passed everything theyve thrown at me so far...touch wood.....just got an apprentice on board now....goin good after 8 years bein self employed....live in plymouth.....do domestics , PIRs , PAT ,24hr callout rewires , for few estate agents/letting agents.......bored yet !?!?!

got renault trafic...great van .........fluke 1652 tester..great also......any questions ???

W

wabbitwabbit

Were you based at Odiham by any chance Raf and did you do your "resettlement training" at Aldershot? ?:|

rafsparkboy

Reaction score
hi..yes odiham was my last base...then went to eli lilly, 4 days on 4 days off...started sparkin for builders then jacked in the factory job for sparkin full time....got in with some MFI glue and screw monkeys for a while...did fibreoptics at raf leeming for my resettlement ( waste of time !!!) i was airframes but learnt sparkin after...How bout you bud ???

W

wabbitwabbit

Nah never in the services. I lived in North Warnborough many moons ago (as in 1971 to 1974), which as you know is just down from the base. My neighbour then who is still a very good friend was a helicopter pilot on the base, now retired. I still drive past the old base - looking a bit bedraggled these days and it was going to be closed but I think Iraq changed all that, thank God or Mohammed, or Teddy Bear, or Buddha (whichever God we are meant to pay respect to in the UK these days).