ranting rant

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here we are, locked down again in Wales. Only 2 weeks, its the weekend so catching up on some work around the house. Decided to finish off a shed and outside WC project. SWA already in, ran cables around for sockets and lights etc. Now its time to make off the SWA cable, wheres me junior hacksaw? emptied van looking for it to no avail. No non essential stuff allowed to be sold because we'll all get Covid. Apart from B&M Bargains, they can sell anything.... found a decent looking junior for £4 made by Rolson. Came with 4 extra blades too. Happy days. Did the usual task of ringing the swa all the way round. didnt seem to be cutting, put another blade on.. stripped pvc off and it hadnt even scratched the SWA. absolute garbage. 

Annoyed that Drayford has decreed that a junior hacksaw is non essential, so can't get one in normal shops round here

Annoyed that I bought something that is useless.

You could say I'm hacked off.......

Anyone bought anything that was so useless it made you really angry?

Thanks guys, feel better now.

I once bought a packet of 12" hacksaw blades that were so useless and brittle you could hardly cut 2 bits of PVC trunking with them before they snapped.

You have my sympathy with your lockdown.  The only consolation is that someone has to prove that a 2 week "circuit break" will achieve precicely ****** all.

I once bought a packet of 12" hacksaw blades that were so useless and brittle you could hardly cut 2 bits of PVC trunking with them before they snapped.

You have my sympathy with your lockdown.  The only consolation is that someone has to prove that a 2 week "circuit break" will achieve precicely ****** all.
and to cap it all, Drakeford expects UK gov't to pick up the bill! (for the ;lockdown, not my hacksaw)

So here we are, locked down again in Wales. Only 2 weeks, its the weekend so catching up on some work around the house. Decided to finish off a shed and outside WC project. SWA already in, ran cables around for sockets and lights etc. Now its time to make off the SWA cable, wheres me junior hacksaw? emptied van looking for it to no avail. No non essential stuff allowed to be sold because we'll all get Covid. Apart from B&M Bargains, they can sell anything.... found a decent looking junior for £4 made by Rolson. Came with 4 extra blades too. Happy days. Did the usual task of ringing the swa all the way round. didnt seem to be cutting, put another blade on.. stripped pvc off and it hadnt even scratched the SWA. absolute garbage. 

Annoyed that Drayford has decreed that a junior hacksaw is non essential, so can't get one in normal shops round here

Well..... you deserve the lockdown ;)  I read something that Holyhead had a Covid infection rate of something like 125 people out of every 100,000..... which is apparently quite high,,, however when you translate that into actual figures only 11 people have tested positive.

IMHO there's far too much "National politics" going on at a local level.... all trying to get a headline and discredit anything that the national government try to do

IMHO there's far too much "National politics" going on at a local level.... all trying to get a headline and discredit anything that the national government try to do
Exactly 

Every devolved administration is drunk on power.

They have the power to do something, so they will do it. They don't often have the opportunity to flex their muscles 

It's like a samurai sword, whenever it comes out, it has to see blood. 

They are acting from a position of weakness, they are afraid of being accused of inaction so they have to do something, going further and beyond the British government, even though there is no benefits.

I see English Councils are the same.

Also what's the craic with Brits expecting the government to provide meals for children while they're at home. Talk about taking the piss...

Seriously? It's every father's job to provide food for his kids. If he isn't fit to, then he gets welfare payments 

I think COVID has gone to the heads! 

the heads of state want to be communists and deal with COVID the China way. 

the heads of public centric positions want to be seen as supporting those that are poorer 

the heads of the poor just want to get on with life. 

:C  

There’s far too much political points scoring going on across the whole of the UK at nearly all levels of politics

i can’t see much changing for a long time..... outbreaks will happen

what I don’t understand is some peoples bizarre approach to safe distancing! My misses has a mate, who may be vulnerable..... so she’s not going out much BUT her teenagers ARE , a lot, so how is this approach going to help her?

Also what's the craic with Brits expecting the government to provide meals for children while they're at home. Talk about taking the piss...

Seriously? It's every father's job to provide food for his kids. If he isn't fit to, then he gets welfare payments 

I want to know if a certain highly paid and very vocal footballer is a “paid” employee or some form of “contractor” , because if it’s the latter he is part of the problem too

The answer to that Murdo is they are young so COVID is not a buzz word for being safety conscious? 
my wife is vulnerable to this disease also so it infuriates me when we enter the shop which state face coverings must be worn to find numerous young scrotes not wearing any such covering and staff that when questioned say they are not allowed to tell these unmasked people to leave? 

so what’s the point? 

There’s far too much political points scoring going on across the whole of the UK at nearly all levels of politics

i can’t see much changing for a long time..... outbreaks will happen

what I don’t understand is some peoples bizarre approach to safe distancing! My misses has a mate, who may be vulnerable..... so she’s not going out much BUT her teenagers ARE , a lot, so how is this approach going to help her?

I want to know if a certain highly paid and very vocal footballer is a “paid” employee or some form of “contractor” , because if it’s the latter he is part of the problem too
4134b0dfcd2f9fa9cedd24b27e1b5811.jpeg.99f54d82b4578de987fcba2848980f91.jpeg

Are you not allowed to work either?

i.e. purchase tools & materials for your work???

or can't you on-line order for home delivery?

To answer your question I once bought some mini bolt-cutters that were rubbish!!

I don't think I ever found anything they could cut...

Possibly they may have cut the chain on one of the wife's necklaces..?

But that may have been pushing it!

Guinness

Perhaps mr Rashford and others should start paying tax before they cry wolf for those in need. 
I wonder when he was a child in poverty if he agreed to others it paying tax. 
always one side of the story? 

Perhaps mr Rashford and others should start paying tax before they cry wolf for those in need. 
I wonder when he was a child in poverty if he agreed to others it paying tax. 
always one side of the story? 

another HYPOCRITE (as usual)

do as I say, not as I do

shame on home and many others

Are you not allowed to work either?

i.e. purchase tools & materials for your work???

or can't you on-line order for home delivery?

To answer your question I once bought some mini bolt-cutters that were rubbish!!

I don't think I ever found anything they could cut...

Possibly they may have cut the chain on one of the wife's necklaces..?

But that may have been pushing it!

Guinness
Yes I am allowed to go to work, Port Authority is a key operation so business as usual for me. 

Could have ordered one online but I needed it ASAP

To make matters worse after finally connecting the aforementioned SWA cable, I was up a ladder stripping a piece of T&E the usual way bu pulling at the earth conductor and the snips slipped off and smashed me in the face leaving a 10mm wide gash in my eyebrow needing the services of local A&E - in and out in 10 mins with a glued up face, but not a perfect sunday afternoon by any means.

stripping a piece of T&E the usual way bu pulling at the earth conductor and the snips slipped off and smashed me in the face leaving a 10mm wide gash in my eyebrow needing the services of local A&E - in and out in 10 mi
OOOOUCH!!!!         I'm surprised at you  Revo   TBH    OOOoooooo   no  !    classic apprentice  mistake  to be honest .     Glad it wasn't worse .