ranting rant

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't locate my coping saw...but it wasn't lost as I had recently seen it somewhere odd.  Bought another from Toolstation. El cheapo as I had the other somewhere

total 💩 I'd have had more success holding the blade and cutting with the frame!

18" long high-leverage flooring chisel .....bent the first time I used it ( I think @Evans Electricis the only other person to buy one )

One of the many forms of legal tax evasion allowed in the UK - as I keep saying, shut the loopholes down and we may gather enough tax not to need food banks and charities filling the gaps where governmnet spending falls far short of whaat is needed these days. Might be able to afford the NHS, pot holes filled in roads and decent care for the elderly too. As I have also said many times, the UK is being constantly asset stripped by the wealthy, and we wonder why we are all getting poorer. 

One of the many forms of legal tax evasion allowed in the UK - as I keep saying, shut the loopholes down and we may gather enough tax not to need food banks and charities filling the gaps where governmnet spending falls far short of whaat is needed these days. Might be able to afford the NHS, pot holes filled in roads and decent care for the elderly too. As I have also said many times, the UK is being constantly asset stripped by the wealthy, and we wonder why we are all getting poorer. 

100 agree. The civil service aren't allowed contractors long term any more

Footballers and all sports players need to be taxed as employees. Far better for the national coffers

Potential national lockdown for a month starting this week 'leaked'.

You go into some places that take it seriously, screens, masks distancing then you go into other places that you'd think it was pre covid or they hadn't heard the news for the last 6 months. We're in tier 3 or whatever they're calling it this week and there are families on our street visiting each other, friends round for a drink. Just keep your distance from other people, how hard is it, the number of people I see close to each other or mixing households as though everything is normal  headbang

trouble is people travelling between areas, often on legitimate business. It's easier to impose a national lockdown.

true story, school business managers husband got made redundant, but got a new job which involved travelling to Manchester for a training course. Person running course passed Covid onto everyone on the course, so hubby brought it back to Plymouth, passed it onto wife who fortunately was only in school 1 day and failed to transmit it onto anyone else in the school before half term. Both have been very ill, and I'm avoiding the headmasters shed that I'm supoosed to be wiring  as his office is next to wifey. 

Up here we are "advised" not to travel between areas under different levels of restriction.  Why not just make that advice the law?