Re Intro

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is John, mates call me Jonboy hence the user name.

I joined the forum sometime ago when i started my 2330 level 2, i since passed all my modules and exams for this then my self-employment took a bit of a knock and had to put my training on hold and take a job in a factory wiring snow ploughs and gritters. headbang   As self employed I ran a small business, mainly making bespoke animal housing, building sheds and some flat roofing work. Plus the occasional little joinery jobs that came along.

The recession didnt help either for trying to get some kind of work or even experience in the electrical trade. Ive done all sorts of work in the building trade from an early age but never had the chance to go to college and get quals. It took me some time to save the thousands of pounds i needed to do the 2330 course and its paid for now so im not giving up. Ive wanted this for so long. Some of you experienced sparks may think im a nut for wanting it so bad but i love working and the practical diy skills side of being a spark is also very appealling to me, ive always been a practical person its in my blood.

I decided 3 months ago that I would relocate to London where hopefully I would stand a better chance of finishing my level 3 and gain the practical site skills and experience I need. I have my exams in the next couple of months and am desperately seeking work experience or even a job. I would be greatful if some kind spark was prepared to take me under their wing and help me gain the practical skills i need. I am prepared to work for free just for the experince but as i have a little one on the way now paid work would be more appreciated. Im a grafter and always have been, im loyal which counts for a lot in my books and reliabe. Plus im not a total beginner where work is concerned.

Anyone with anything at all please PM me, im in North London and do have transport so can travel within reason.

Cheers for reading guys. ;)     

Latest posts