Reasons to rewire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTbangbang

Trainee DEI
Reaction score
This is why I'm rewiring my recently acquired home....

Somehow the main switch had melted:

DSC01965.jpg

So they did this with the incoming neutral:

DSC01966.jpg

Note also the brown bit of tape over a disconnected earth - belongs to the downstairs ring.

It's a TT system and is all in the bin, hence TTbangbang! :D

(who said Chittychittybangbang?! ;) )

So even though it's the live that is still entering the main switch at the top they have wrapped it in black tape?!

Mr Sworld - are you saying if tape is to be used (? for identifying) it should be on the neutral?
I was just wondering as what seems to be live has black tape wrapped round it (which would indicate neutral to me) while the other main tail is unmarked.

Could they of further mucked it up and swapped phase and neutral?

I was just wondering as what seems to be live has black tape wrapped round it (which would indicate neutral to me) while the other main tail is unmarked.Could they of further mucked it up and swapped phase and neutral?
You're right, they certainly did muck it up - I found this one and you can see both incomers had been taped! The tails did twist around each other a fair bit on their journey between the meter and front end RCD.

DSC01967.jpg

Nice, Did you get the normal "Its just been rewired" I may be being a bit picky but the Board layout is a bit sus' the large breakers are not located next to the main isolator, and the cpc and neutral bars don't seem to match in sequence with the board/breaker circuits? ?:|

Nice, Did you get the normal "Its just been rewired" I may be being a bit picky but the Board layout is a bit sus' the large breakers are not located next to the main isolator, and the cpc and neutral bars don't seem to match in sequence with the board/breaker circuits? ?:|
It was rewired in parts by a previous owner and long before the (5) days (wonders) of part p and competent persons ;)