Recycle your rubbish - NOT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wabbitwabbit

OK so I spent this morning emptying the garage which had a LOT of cardboard boxes in it.

I duly flattened them all ready for the local tip cardboard recycle and made sure there was no normal rubbish within the mix bin.

Off go to the local council tip, which I have done many, many times in the past and in the same vehicle (my Connect van).

Arrive on site and am asked for my permit. What ****ing permit? No permit no dumping says the Polish bloke politely adding sorry and pointed at digital cameras recording all vehicles.

So, now I have a van full of cardboard and what is now going to happen to it? I am taking it around to the site where we have a bleeding massive skip and tall that nice cardboard is now going into landfill. **** em. X(

Wabbit

He wasnt Polish then,,,,cardboard has a value he would have spotted straight away :D

Our tip they let vans in but sometimes check that there is no major trade waste inside.

shud have dumped the cardboard at a supermarket or at mcd's,,,they recycle.

You right about the Poles.

I took my car back later on with rubbish in bags. As I dumped the large bags into the skip they were ripping them apart and in less than one minute they were extracting some old copper cable I had left in one of the bags, removing the short bits left of drums and even some clippings. OK OK I know copper prices are high and maybe should have taken them to a scrap metal merchant but it was hardly worth it (for me, probably was for the Pole)

Its somewhat insane when your attempts to help the environment are thrown back at you like this.

I notice theres a new tv prog. Monday eve, ch5, with that idiot Dom Joly.

Tongue-in-cheek getting back at the establishment.

Reason I mention it is that last week they clamped a wheel-clamper for illegal parking; and this week they`re at Camden, who apparently fine people for not recycling recyclable waste. They will be going through some councillors bins, to see if they are recycling - apparently not!!!

Other countries are providing gov`t subsidies for green technologies - ours is creaming it for all they`re worth. As mentioned on another topic recently, I`m beginning to seriously think about leaving this country for good, and going where its warmer (oops - meant to say the establishment wasn`t as money-grabbing as this country has become.

A sad state of affairs, IMHO