Reduction in VAT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
VAT going down to 15 percent. Is it going to help the economy. As a VAT registered trader I think it will just cause me more work. What do you all think.

Batty

:_|

A complete waste of time..

:(

A reduction in interest rates and a enforcement on the banks to CAP charges and interest rates....

;)

It's not going to do diddly for the economy.

I mean most people are saving the brass in their pockets anyway & unless you are spending thousands I cant see a 2.5% cut in vat tempting many shoppers on the high street......

Plus given todays news that the Mr Bean lookalike contemplated putting the vat level upto 18.5% in 2010/11 will just compound the above & make people save the cash for the hikes that are gonna come to pay for this over borrowing our glorious leader seems hellbent on undertaking.

Not sure it will make much differenceBatty why more work? You'll just charge it and claim it back at 15% not 17.5%?
I have still got to set computer up to do this maybe not much work but I am sure it is going to be a headache. VAT has been 17.5 percent for all the time I have been in business. I don't like change.

Batty

The drop in the price of petrol/diesel should help a bit. Rest assured , we will suffer for this when he rounds it back up .

VAT started at 8% and they said it could never go over 10% !!!

Personally i dont think its going to make any difference. The prices in the shops will probably stay the same it just that only 15% will be VAT not 17.5% and the shop will pocket the difference