Reference methods...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Reaction score
... and types of wiring codes that we put on schedule of test results.

Has some one got a current list/link to/page number of BS7671 where they are listed please?

Thanks everyone.

Rob.

So for your usual cable sunk in wall. Buried in plaster etc but not thermal insulation and routed about in the ceiling above through joists etc but with no thermal insulation, like downstairs living room ring.

What method is that?

So for your usual cable sunk in wall. Buried in plaster etc but not thermal insulation and routed about in the ceiling above through joists etc but with no thermal insulation, like downstairs living room ring.What method is that?
Looking at the OSG, it's not that obvious...

(I might be tempted to say B..)

:|

So for your usual cable sunk in wall. Buried in plaster etc but not thermal insulation and routed about in the ceiling above through joists etc but with no thermal insulation, like downstairs living room ring.What method is that?
I consider that to be Reference Method "C".

although OSG only lists this as "clipped direct"

Monty Pythons "Big Red Book" also includes single & multicore cables direct in masonry.

Pg 264, Table 4A2, numbers 57 / 58..

I understand this to be the equivalent of the old Method 1. (Cables embedded direct in building materials)

;)

but as you say EXT... OSG skips rather briskly through this!!!:( X(

Method "C" would be my choice here also mate........

clipped direct is the closest option in appx 4; therefore I`d use that.

Mind, I`ve put more than one method in the box before now..................As wiring type (pvc/swa) - one circuit may well have more than one type / method of installation to it.

My opinion anyway:)

Method "C" would be my choice here also mate........clipped direct is the closest option in appx 4; therefore I`d use that.

Mind, I`ve put more than one method in the box before now..................As wiring type (pvc/swa) - one circuit may well have more than one type / method of installation to it.

My opinion anyway:)
Agreed! :) ;)

and the cable size! :eek:

lighting could well go out on a 1.5mm but at parts drop to 1.0mm!???

so...

size = multiple!

type = multiple!

method = multiple!

we need bigger boxes on the certs boys!!!!! ]:) :eek: :p:^O:^OGuiness Drink

cable size I usually put down the smallest size used on the circuit,

even if its only a 2' length of 1mm to a smoke.

ref methods, I often have more than one in the box, same with cable type....

Latest posts