Refurbished Kitchen,,,, 1.5mm Spurs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to find out who did it,,,but the current owner seems reluctant to take it further. X(

if only that was true

the current owner bought it as a reburbished property.....

apparently got a really good deal :^O :^O:^O

he is now fuming and is wanting blood !!!!!!

finish the job wednesday,,,,get paid friday...but i dont think ill hear the end of it :_| :_|

Theo:

I`d try to explain to the customer that this work is SO dangerous, that these people are going to kill someone, sooner or later. I wouldn`t want that on my conscience.

Maybe call your scam provider, and see if they`d be interested in copies of the photos? We could do with some way to publicise the (lack of) quality of workmanship; and maybe give our trade a better name than it has.

I`ve been considering this for a while. We ALL see carp workmanship every once in a while; but not usually so dangerous as Theo`s examples. I`ve taken up with the NIC, the idea of getting the worst examples of this type of thing in a leaftet, or suchlike, that we can get out to the general public!

it could be an idea then for Admin to have a new sub section called

cowboys and how to spot them

and on that note i have stayed up past midnight and is now going to my pit

cya later

and on that note i have stayed up past midnight and is now going to my pitcya later
I say - Well done. Missus gone out or summit? :^O

and partially crossed out with translations in Romanian!! ]:) :^O :^O:^O
It turns out that they are Albanians X(X(X( X(

Turned it all back on today after all the work,,,,,,,,,

cooker hood is dead Live/Neutral reversed at some point

downstairs toilet fan burnt out ,,,plaster stuck between fan blades

Lighting r1+r2 is pants class 2 fittings in the hall and landing and have snipped the cpc

found a ceiling rose under the floor with the cpc floating in space

got to attempt the loft next week :_|

oh and one other minor observation....they didnt bother to plumb in the washing machine waste pipe X(X(X( X(

met the new tenants today ,,their first home only 18 yrs old

victims of a potential disaster :( :( :(

makes me X(X(X( X(

It turns out that they are Albanians X(X(X( X( Turned it all back on today after all the work,,,,,,,,,

cooker hood is dead Live/Neutral reversed at some point

downstairs toilet fan burnt out ,,,plaster stuck between fan blades

Lighting r1+r2 is pants class 2 fittings in the hall and landing and have snipped the cpc

found a ceiling rose under the floor with the cpc floating in space

got to attempt the loft next week :_|

oh and one other minor observation....they didnt bother to plumb in the washing machine waste pipe X(X(X( X(

met the new tenants today ,,their first home only 18 yrs old

victims of a potential disaster :( :( :(

makes me X(X(X( X(
blimey that could have made a bit of a mess then :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O who needs the waste pipe anyway :^O :^O

Can I just say, thank god this is being sorted out, I dread to think of the possibilities. :eek:

Whilst we are on the subject of dodgy workmanship, did anyone see that prog where an english "builder" & a polish ex chocolate salesman turned "builder were followed round with a camera crew?

They were both terrible & the english "builder" used a stihl saw to cut through a pipe that had a HV line inside it.

For the most of this prog my mouth was like:O

Had a doozy myself yesterday, customer said burning smell everytime she used dishwasher, went round, pulled out DW only to find a spurred socket that her ex husband put in. Nothing wrong with a spur I know, but the wire that he used for the spur.................... Sat coaxial.

I **** you not. :_|

So I put it all right & charged her

............Had a doozy myself yesterday, customer said burning smell everytime she used dishwasher, went round, pulled out DW only to find a spurred socket that her ex husband put in. Nothing wrong with a spur I know, but the wire that he used for the spur.................... Sat coaxial.

I **** you not. :_| ..........
Ah!! but could they get SKY Sports on the D/W though! ; \ :^O :^O