reminded me of funny incident

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
The article on the deli and the wrapping on the sausage reminded me of a funny incident some years ago. I had just moved in with my wife to be and one of her son's had a habit of going out, getting drunk then coming home and doing stupid things, usually when he had a certain friend with him.

One Friday night after a ***** of a week at work, we'd gone to bed early and as usual he'd gone out with his mate. We were awakened around 2.30 am by him and his mate arriving home drunk and creating a right racket, I was livid and swore blind I'd have him in the morning.

I awoke at around 7 am and the pair of them were asleep in the lounge, that did it! I stormed into the kitchen, banging and clattering pans and cooked a massive breakfast, Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, tomatoes, black pudding and fried bread, all nice and greasy!

Now I knew for a fact that after a night on the beer the last thing the lad wanted was food, it was usually teatime before he ate anything, I stormed into the lounge with these 2 massive plates of food and slammed them on the coffee table, 2 sets of eyes looked at me blearily, "morning chaps, nothing like a big breakfast for the morning after the night before" I laughed, they both looked at the plates in horror, "best eat it all up, now" I growled, leaving the room.

About half an hour later I returned, they'd both cleared their plates, except for my stepson who'd left 2 small circles on his plate( the plastic from around the black pudding) his mates plate was empty! "everything alright lads?" I asked sarcastically, "there's nothing like a nice greasy breakfast first thing in the morning is there? " I laughed.

Scott, the stepsons mate looked at me, "actually it was great, but that black pudding was a bit chewy round the edges". The stupid sod had actually eaten the plastic wrapping that you leave on to stop it from breaking up.

I had a mate look at me aghast after he offered me a Pistachio, and I shelled it before eating it. He never admitted, but I'm sure he was eating them whole before that

I had a mate look at me aghast after he offered me a Pistachio, and I shelled it before eating it. He never admitted, but I'm sure he was eating them whole before that
Funnily enough that used to be a measure of how drunk I was, moderately drunk and I'd belt anyone who upset me, severely drunk and I'd kick doors in(there's a story behind that) totally steaming and I'd eat prawns without pulling them apart, you know the type, those where you pull the head and tail off and eat the middle. Well I'd eat them whole, heads, tail and all.