Reusing old T&E

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sivoodoo

Reaction score
Is this fround upon? I know it depends on the state of it, but say it looks fine with just the odd bend, what do you do?

cheers

si

As long as tests come back alright, there's no problem. If the client has a low budget.

I sometimes reuse existing installed cables so long as IR readings are all right, but only if run is complicated or if cable is plastered direct and they have just decorated.

I would never reuse cable I have removed from a property though.

As long as tests come back alright, there's no problem. If the client has a low budget.
I Concur.......but it is Fronde upon.......if it tests out right and it

Some of the cable is fine, the client is on a budget, I recycle the good stuff and scrap the rest, how much is scrap coper worth at present? any links?

Thanks everyone.

si.

Some of the cable is fine, the client is on a budget, I recycle the good stuff and scrap the rest, how much is scrap coper worth at present? any links?Thanks everyone.

si.
As Apache seems to have not linked already,

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2100

Or if your looking for real time prices this will give you an idea

http://demolitionscrapmetalnews.com/?page_id=309

More than halved in price in the last three months:_|, just following the trend of everything else I guess, look on the bright side though you'll still get enough to buy some of these Guiness Drink

Is this fround upon? I know it depends on the state of it, but say it looks fine with just the odd bend, what do you do?cheers

si
whats the difference with doing an addition/alteration to an existing installation where existing cables make up part of the circuit???? ?:| ? :| ?:|

The ONLY problem would be...

if you have charged the customer for complete new cables.. but NOT fitted them!!! X( :(

Otherwise all you need to do is verify ALL tests... Polarity/Continuity/Ins Res etc comply with current regs..

AND if mixed colours correct label is present!

whats the problem???? ?:| ;)