Rottweiler Puppy Aggression

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trainers could well be right. I know my other half has got horses [complete waste of money..] They will try to face you down and push you about, so you have to push them back. It is the same with all "herd" or "pack" animals, they squabble to see who is in charge. They will do it with you too, and with horses, if you let them think they are above you, then they will treat you as they treat other. "lower down" horses, expect to get kicked and bitten....  They will treat you as they would treat another horse.. That is why a stallion is a bit hot to handle, they try to decide they are in charge and that is the end of that, especially when there are mares about!! Do not know about rottweilers, but they will very definitely try to treat humans as another dog, so i suppose the same applies. Saw a film once called "spoilt rottie" [google it, but for gawds sake not when your missus or kids are about!!!] Oh yes, they will try to treat a human as a dog ok....

john...

It is strange that horses when they bite tend not to be put down in the same way a dog would.

I know, and a horse is a bastard of a thing. If it thinks it is in charge and has a go at you, there is only going to be one winner, and it will not be you.... I know someone years ago and a stallion picked them up by the neck and held them up in the air and they bled to death. No idea what happened to the horse..

john..

There is only one thing stupider than a horse, and that is its owner..... Apache will testify to that i think!!!