Safari Web-browser..

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshwizard

Honorary Life Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike (Off of this forum) has recommended this to me.

Just had a look and weren't sure whether to get the Safari Windows XP, or Safari Quicktime Windows XP.

What is Quicktime please?

My wife has just said it is a media player. Is she right?

Is anyone else using Safari?

Hi WW

Yes I am using Safari and have used it for years now on an Apple imac running OSX - that is a PROPER computer and I think Safari is FAR superior to MS Windows browsers which I think are slow and basic and badly designed. I have used every version of MS Windows over the past years including some versions that never got released and before tat CPM/80 and CPM/86 and before that minicomputers as in Data General Nova and Super Nova's plus a few others. I honestly think that MS Windows is total cr4p and Vista even worse!! Long live Apple :x - ask Wally he now knows

What is Quick Time? Best I can do is open Quick Time and copy a section of the on-line help -

What Is QuickTime?

QuickTime Player is a free multimedia player. You can use it to view many kinds of files, including video, audio, still images, graphics, and virtual reality (VR) movies. QuickTime supports the most popular formats on the Internet for news, sports, education, movie trailers, and other entertainment.

QuickTime is also a multimedia architecture that other applications can leverage. Some of the most popular software-such as iTunes, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro from Apple, as well as many third-party programs-uses the QuickTime architecture for important multimedia functions. These applications require QuickTime to be installed in order to function properly.

i.e. Yes she is right, which is unusual for a woman :^O

Unusual for a Woman. :^O

:^O :^O:^O

I have Windoze and Firefox on my PC now.

Would I be able to add the Safari too? Or have I got to get rid of the Firefox first? Do you think?

Thanks.

Nah you can pick and choose whichever. Firefox is far better that grotty Explorer that's for sure.

Have a read http://www.apple.com/safari/ think you will find Safari pretty quick and easy to use to boot, very friendly it is.

Hope it meets your expectations WW if not let me know and if need any help with it, not that you will, then again just ask mate.

Glad you like it WW.

And if you think that is good you should try using an Apple computer in earnest they are stunning I promise you they are. I will never ever go back to a Windoze based PC.

Glad you like it WW.And if you think that is good you should try using an Apple computer in earnest they are stunning I promise you they are. I will never ever go back to a Windoze based PC.
I will look at that for any future pc purchases. :)

Agreed but once you 'into it' its all so simple and speedy.

One thing I find good is last item in the list at -

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

It really is secure I have never had any problems with viruses etc. and I do NOT have any firewall nor AVC's - all built in. And of course it has its own pop up blocker, I never get them. Plus the bookmarking process is REALLY good and... Oh it just goes on and on... Oh and the one-click secret browsing and clear up history tracking means she wont catch you out looking at THOSE web sites:^O:^O

If you use iTunes (which I am running all the time listening to my music as I am on the web, like now) you will see a lot of commonality in the GUI and the way of thinking (which Apple engineers do - think - unlike MS engineers who to things together).

Sorry WW.... I was called away by swmbo for dinner, nice steak onions, new spuds and green beans all washed down with a bottle of Rioja :D

you want the moon on a stick dont ya:p ..... it does copy and paste and works on activ x sites for me ??? then again i do have a window licker pc so i think it confuses itself into submission and just works

tidy

hi all

i got an imac 6 months ago.

i can say now the difference between this and a pc is as big as a gulf as you could imagine- truly eye opening...

if i ever get some spare dosh i will get one of those macair notebooksB)