Scammers active again - beware

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So today I had another of those "promises" of lots of guaranteed EICR's and remedial work from a company called Sky Home Maintenance.

I assume this is the latest round of unsolicited emails where unsuspecting sparks are asked to pay about £2K upfront for "guaranteed" work.

This has been going on for about 4 years now and seemingly they can set up "shop" on a regular basis, take money, then close down

Buyers beware ...........

Anyone else had dealings with sky home maintenance scammers?
Is it definitely a scam?

Funny younshould post that.....just got this

On 14 Jun 2022, at 10:44, Contracts Department <[email protected]> wrote:
Good Morning,
We will cease taking enquiries for the contract detailed below on
Wednesday 15th June at 5pm.
We are currently looking for a fully qualified electrician/company to
conduct EICRS for landlords to keep them compliant with the
legislation that came into force on the 1st June 2020.
The chosen electrician/company must be confident in the following
Completing roughly 25 properties per month
Have good customer relationship skills
Happy to book their own diary and appointments.
Own public liability will also be required.
The contract comes with a 14 day invoice cycle and set remuneration
for certain services.
If you would like to discuss this further, you can get in touch via
the details below,
Kevin Brown
Sky Home Maintenance
01224 017323
I referred them to the case in the high court of Arkel v. Pressdram

definetly a scam. they are targeting plumbers too. take yr money and then ghost you! if anyone has reported them can u let me know as i am doing so.

definetly a scam. they are targeting plumbers too. take yr money and then ghost you! if anyone has reported them can u let me know as i am doing so.
Hi have you had any update on this? they have scammed my partner by the looks of things

Hi have you had any update on this? they have scammed my partner by the looks of things
Reported them to companies House.they say not enough evidence to do anything!! Trying to do a chargeback through our bank. Don't hold out much hope. I will keep trying to find out more though.

If someone could just let me know how to stop the constant emails from Checkatrade wanting me to sign up. they don't understand "no"

few years ago they kept calling. told them any further calls and they will be charged. they called again. sent them an invoice. it never got paid, but they also never phoned again

Status
Not open for further replies.