scarey stuff.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2650338461_b3f5939826.jpg

theres one i made earlier :eek:

on a serious note though thats terrible, they could have used jbs there.

i never noticed the blocks i was referring to the lack of clipping. :)

I though it was the uneven "Beds" in the brickwork.

]:)

Seriously though - it is carp.

Good work of Connectors hehe.

I bet who ever who installed that thought oh i've done a grand job there hehe.

i am sure they are doing there job, would you take an inspector to a job like this and try and defend it ?

they look the correct blocks for the cable used, but no no no no ....

what happened to the safe insolation .. barriers etc..

Certainly different! Not sure why you wouldn't just run the cables a bit further so they go straight into the board tho?! Unless the cables have been changed by someone as a bodge job that didn't want to open the unit!!

it could be though those are exisitng circuits and the new cu has been moved higher to allow extra cable from above circuits to be made linger so those couple needed extending.

it could be though those are exisitng circuits and the new cu has been moved higher to allow extra cable from above circuits to be made linger so those couple needed extending.
have a feelin you me be on the right lines there Badger! ;)

perhaps something previously mounted on the lower board...

new board fitted above and CU moved / replaced onto new board! :) ;)

thats nothing compared to this

Image008-1.jpg

This was left like that for years. its a TT system, no rod, no main bonding etc. IIRC, EFLI was somewhere around 1000 ohm (most likely earthed by unsheathed T&E lying on a damp floor )

(Note: the screwdriver is there for a reason.... the MCB doesnt fit!)

i even discovered a new type of cable in that house aswell. 2.5 singles R&B with a 1.5 solid earth, covered in parcel tape. does anyone know if this is BASEC approved?!