Scutch chisels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy

Reaction score
Just bought myself a scutch chisel off ebay (recommended for chasing out by a friend). Any way the combs are double sided, havent used the chisel yet but am wondering how the combs stay in, as they don't seem to sit in very well. The make was JPJ tools. Does anyone else have one of these?

Thanks guys!

Give it good smack in untill it sits right in the channel up to the raised bit in the middle

Appropriate PPE of course

it will soon make its own way into the holder once u start using it.. give it time depending how much u use it....

the pain is getting it back out... lol..

Give it good smack in untill it sits right in the channel up to the raised bit in the middleAppropriate PPE of course
Solves all sorts of problems that one, along with whack it with a hammer.

Doc H.

Thanks guys, think it is going to take some smaking though, as only sits in a couple of mill at the min, reckon i might destroy some garden flags and may be a few fingers trying to get the comb in properly!!

Hope i never have to change it, cos i reckon getting it out may be even harder and more dangerous!

Thanks for the replies.

As long as it's mostly in it will be held in by the fact you are constantly hitting it into position in use. Mine does occasionally move slightly if you use the edge of the comb, just a couple of whacks with the comb flat sorts that out. No need to demolish the garden wedging it in before putting it in the tool box!