service cut out seal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That has shown as a tiny PDF file on my screen. :(

hi

is all this correct? if you were a part p'er with say a "napit" ticket you are banned from this work but if you are an NIC domestic installer you are ok? :|

I think we are all banned from removing the seals now Doc, going by the latest document from SSE (dont know about other dno's).

You wont catch me removing them ;) :D

It happens round your way aswell then....some ****** keeps nicking them before I get there to do cu change 8) (gives that nervous whistle).

Also very readable using my WONDERFUL Safari browser, but then it is an Apple computer .

That PDF file is actually quite old and I have been very involved in the ramifications implied therein. As in my query was taken to the highest levels with SSE and involved HSE as well.

My query started off in all innocence asking why is it that SSE only allow members of NICEIC and ECA to have temporary seals. I am a member of NAPIT and saw this as being 'racist' lol.

Anyway, a LOT of e-mails went back and forth with an eventual outcome that it was ILLEGAL for SSE or any other DNO to provide seals to anyone members of anything or not as the DNO is totally responsible for the seals and they (SSE n this case) were in no legal position to assign that responsibility to any third party and were ordered to recall all the seals and sealing machines issued to NICEIC and ECA members. Did they or did they not I never followed it up. But HSE were far from impressed with SSE over the matter.

Did I feel rotten afterwards? Yes.

SSE took my details and gave me 5 seals and I'm with Napit ! They told me to come back when I needed more seals. Very polite etc one phone call no probs