Shafted......it had to happen sometime

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Working for a kitchen/bathroom company for the last month

i have done 3 jobs

Hi Theory.

Sorry about your problem. Never been there before but I think I would explain the situation to the customer and ask them what they think is fair. As you're a good honest bloke my experience is that 99 out of 100 customers will see you right because there is a personal relationship! If that happens I'd write to the kitchen fitter and explain what you've done so he has a chance to get his accounts in order. Don't know if that helps or if I'm totally naive! Fingers crossed for a good outcome!

Is there a contract between customer and kitchen fitter? If so they may still owe them money, and have to pay twice!

Is there a contract between customer and kitchen fitter? If so they may still owe them money, and have to pay twice!
I have seen the paperwork and it states the electrical work required

but no price for it

i have done the work so one lot of money should be payable and if i give a receipt for monies received then the customer has honoured the contract,i have been paid and the administrators can go swivel

Do that then. Esp if you think there's more work to be had out of it. You just wouldn't be popular if they got stung for the money twice!

:D

i think there is 2k still to pay

he said to me he was impressed with the tiler and and myself but no-one else

he is the type to dig his heels in

tomorrow will tell

good luck hope they sort you out.losing your time is one thing losing your own hard earn money is another.hate it when these companys just go bust and leave people out of pocket.

Theo :( :( :(

See customer direct mate. If you had a good relationship with customer ( as I`m sure you did), then likely customer will offer to sort you out, as you`ll be out of pocket.

Make sure your invoice goes in to them anyway, you may get some recompense after sale of their assets.

Hope you get em bud.

(I`ll have ckr sw in post tomoz.)

Hi Theo, was it you who said , the other day, you were working with a right grumpy kitchen fitter , if so we know why now !! Sorry to hear it M8 , don't think you'll get anything out of the fitter now, maintain your relationship with customer, do the board change and get something out of the job.

If the job is under building control it might pay to hang on to the Part P , ask who is paying you to come back to test it .

Deke

Well i spoke to two of the customers yesterday

one guy said he still had money to pay and wasnt going to pay it to anyone but thanked me for the warning (cheers mate)

but the other guy said he would pay me the

NO:(

Its another sad indication of the morals & values which this society hold dear:_| X(

Maybe, like all other things, it`ll come full circle at some pointPray:x

But I won`t hold my breath:( :( :((i`d go blue!) :^O