Shafted

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prompted by Theorys thread " Shafted" How many of us have been shafted and for how much ?

As for myself, we installed a 16mm SWA at a factory to power a boost pump for the sprinkler system ( Severn Trent can no longer give the pressure to cover the whole premises) Also wiring in the pump room. Pump fed from a padlocked switchfuse in their sub.

Once it was working the factory declared themselves bankrupt ,me shafted for

A few have tried to wriggle out of paying the full amount but i allways find that when i start removing the cu money just appears as if by magic.Guiness Drink

I am owed a small amount by a landlord i do work for but i know he will pay in the end] :) one way or another.Guiness Drink

Im now +35 and still paying my way out of it cos I didnt want to go bankrupt,

thats why Ive had to work away a lot, not to make money, just to pay the people I owed.

was seemingly a decent bloke, but someone didnt pay someone who didnt pay someone, etc, so we (me and a mate) didnt get paid either!

living on an overdraft to pay our apprentice and mate for 6months so we were stuffed.

such is life, way things are now I think woulda been better going bust,!

but times are times....

Im now +35 and still paying my way out of it cos I didnt want to go bankrupt,thats why Ive had to work away a lot, not to make money, just to pay the people I owed.

was seemingly a decent bloke, but someone didnt pay someone who didnt pay someone, etc, so we (me and a mate) didnt get paid either!

living on an overdraft to pay our apprentice and mate for 6months so we were stuffed.

but times are times....
:_|

Sorry to hear that Mate. :(

Blimey Steps thats mega - money I hope you can trade out of it, it'll be hard going.

A mate of mine built up his business to employing 12 sparks, sole trader, declared himself bankrupt 12 years ago. It took at least 8 years to be finally clear of the consequences. It was no easy ride, all of a sudden it kicks in, they came for his Jag and the 4 vans ,had to let him keep one to earn a living , ( they can't take the tools of your trade)

House sold.

Then you find you can't have a BT phone ( no credit) ,Gas meter ( cards only) Leccy the same. No loans . No credit cards. No account at wholesalers. Only way to carry on was with everything in his girlfriends name , rented accom, no cake walk.

Steps , I wish you well and maximum respect for paying your way

Blimey Steps thats mega - money I hope you can trade out of it, it'll be hard going.A mate of mine built up his business to employing 12 sparks, sole trader, declared himself bankrupt 12 years ago. It took at least 8 years to be finally clear of the consequences. It was no easy ride, all of a sudden it kicks in, they came for his Jag and the 4 vans ,had to let him keep one to earn a living , ( they can't take the tools of your trade)

House sold.

Then you find you can't have a BT phone ( no credit) ,Gas meter ( cards only) Leccy the same. No loans . No credit cards. No account at wholesalers. Only way to carry on was with everything in his girlfriends name , rented accom, no cake walk.

Steps , I wish you well and maximum respect for paying your way
thanks guys, my mate got it tough too.

well its been just over ten years now and its really strange how credit works....

I cant get a phone contract, leccy gas etc are in my GFs name cos I dont have any credit rating, (Ive only been in UK since last April for 8years before that),

but I got a joint mortage last november with the girlfriend, ?:|

weird, I cant afford to pay a phone at

As said, Steps... Well done and Respect to you. :)

thanks guys, my mate got it tough too.well its been just over ten years now and its really strange how credit works....

I cant get a phone contract, leccy gas etc are in my GFs name cos I dont have any credit rating, (Ive only been in UK since last April for 8years before that),

but I got a joint mortage last november with the girlfriend, ?:|

weird, I cant afford to pay a phone at

Im now +35 and still paying my way out of it cos I didnt want to go bankrupt,thats why Ive had to work away a lot, not to make money, just to pay the people I owed.

but times are times....
You and your son could try selling a trailer load of old false teeth.

Could be worth a fortune