shower units

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan.

Reaction score
what cable do you guys use to supply a shower type mini consumer unit? it would be to power a new ring for a kitchen nothing more.do you use proper meter tails?

old house rewireable fuse on old wylex board customer wont have new consumer unit,but needs new ring in for the new kitchen. seems the easiest solution.can have its own RCD rest of the house doesnt need touching

I personally would use 16mm tails as some of these shower units are a job to get 25mm tails in. I always use 100 amp henley blocks as they are easier to use than the old 60 amp ones. What is the size of the main fuse and the existing tails.

batty

main fuse is 100 amp tails are 25mm. i tried to get em to have a new cu but they aint interested.

I personally would use 16mm tails as some of these shower units are a job to get 25mm tails in. I always use 100 amp henley blocks as they are easier to use than the old 60 amp ones. What is the size of the main fuse and the existing tails.batty
Yes, I agree here, 16mm will be fine (And I've seen 10mm for 40A loading or less as well)..

25mm tails in those small CU's is often impossible..

; \

Yes, I agree here, 16mm will be fine (And I've seen 10mm for 40A loading or less as well)..25mm tails in those small CU's is often impossible..

; \
I would concur with earlier posts re Henley blocks!

just to add re 16mm -vs- 25mm...

It is a skillful art to get 25mm tails into 2way garage/shower mini CU.

possible.. but ruddy tricky...

just when you think you have it all connected....

you try & put the lid/front on... and find that either......

1/

The plastic side wall have distorted out of square due to tensions introduced by the 25mm. :(

or

2/

one of your cables... obscures a fixing hole or one of the lid screws!!! :_| :_|

Or BOTH!!! X( :_|

you need to quote and extra hour on the job if you are putting 25mm tails in... allow plenty of time to ;)

bend-mould-form cable curves with care!!! :)