Sick of local police playing secret squirrel!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
My local force, Merseyside, have to be the biggest PITA in the history of police forces!

Going out yesterday I noticed a car park all cordoned off with the blue tape, 3 cop cars sat at side of road, Later when I get back home I notice another cop car, this one is parked broadside about halfway down our road, apparently it had been there for hours, there's no signage at the junction, saying the road is closed either.

All day we had cars turning around in the road, then around mid afternoon, several cop cars and 2 vans from the firearms unit arrive, they proceed to poke around in the grids and peoples gardens, obviously they are looking for something.

Anyone who asks gets told, "it's a police operation", well no **** Sherlock, we didn't think it was a display of flower arranging by the local branch of the women's guild!

I appreciate they can't tell everyone what has happened, however if for example they were looking for a weapon of some description, then it wouldn't hurt to say so, that way anyone finding anything such as a knife would know to call the police.

They have to be the most secretive force I have ever dealt with, they seem to have an inane hatred of sharing any information, a few years back I got involved in training police dogs, I made some great friends, but we lost touch when I stopped training the dogs, I asked them recently how one of my old colleagues was doing, if he was still operational, or not, eventually weeks later they grudgingly told me that he'd moved on to another department.

I live in an area that is on the boundary of 3 forces, Merseyside, Cheshire, and Greater Manchester, out of the 3, Merseyside are the worst. A few years back my Wife and I had been out, it was late at night, and, as we drove down the A580, East Lancs Rd, a bloke ran out in front of us, straight across the dual carriageway, and disappeared through a hedge. About a mile further up we encountered several police cars from Merseyside,sat on the garage forecourt. I pulled in and asked one of the cops if they were looking for somebody, "nothing to worry about, go away" was the response, so I did!

A short distance up the road and I spotted one of the dog handlers, so I asked him, apparently a dangerous criminal had legged it, "follow me, I think I've just nearly ran him over" I told my pal.

We turned around, shot back in the opposite direction, coming to a stop at the point where the bloke had dived through the hedge. We deployed the dog and a few minutes later we had the bloke in cuffs!

If I hadn't known the dog handler I'd have probably driven off, and a dangerous criminal would have got away, whatever happened to the old days when the coppers were friendly?

Unfortunately it comes with the job I think , Phil.     If you're not one of them , you must be a scally or an idiot motorist who had the temerity to drive off without checking his offside brake light. 

The most sarcastic ones in the West Mids  were the  motor bike traffic cops  but they seem to have disappeared  lately.

and people wonder where

ACAB

comes from

a while back they had a car broadside on my way home from work, I drove over the footpath and carried on my way,

a short while later I had a knock on the door,

why had I drove over a public footway?

why had my way been blocked? I asked

no answer, so I closed the door, never heard anything more about it,.

some people just assume the polis can close the road simply by placing their car across it, it doesnrt work like that, that is still obstruction of the public highway, they need special permission to do that

I went to do a job a while back and there was a police van parked across the lane so the residents couldn't get in or out and I couldn't get to the job. I just blocked the police van in and left it (admittedly after phoning them up and telling them they were in the way).

I pulled one over once, to inform him he had a defective rear light! "oh it must have just gone" the cop replied, interesting thing was it was about 500 yards from the nick, and it was just at the start of the shift, so much for vehicle checks!

I pulled one over once, to inform him he had a defective rear light! "oh it must have just gone" the cop replied, interesting thing was it was about 500 yards from the nick, and it was just at the start of the shift, so much for vehicle checks!

Must have been a few years back as dont most vehicles have a dash light to indicate failed lamp? 

Some have canbus some don't.. .

I have always found police helpfull, had some problems with the neighbours and spoke with a plain clothes officers, he told me how to report them in confidence and eventually we got rid of the drug dealers living downstairs! 

My sons partners step dad is a PCSO....what a total divot!  Know all knows nowt . An absolute total prannock of the first water

known in the family as lofty....he thinks it is due to his height, i isn't !.......it is because he is like loft insulation and gets up everyone's nose

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah. The joys of living in a no-go zone.

If the police have to appear it is only in a bullet proof Land Rover.

Police, not a good word for them until you need them. :(

cheers, Paul
I used to work with the police, I knew a few and they were OK, trouble is the new ones now are mostly a waste of time, they ain't friendly, if they spoke to people they'd learn a lot more.

Re bulb warning lights, I had a laugh with my stepbrother, he bought a car and it had all the toys, he'd had it a couple of weeks and came down to ask about an annoying light on the dash. Apparently it was orange, and had a picture of a bulb with a X through it, we told him it was bulb failure, checked all the lights and found a brakelight out. "what bloody good is that" he ranted. "It's obviously knackered" he went on, I asked him what made him think it was faulty, "well, it didn't tell me which bulb had gone did it".

Ah. The joys of living in a no-go zone.

If the police have to appear it is only in a bullet proof Land Rover.
I nearly had one of them once, I had a spell of collecting model Land Rovers, the only one that eluded me was a model of the armoured PSNI  one. I mentioned it to a driver at work, he was going over to Ireland with a load, I asked him to see if he could find one for me and he agreed to look around, I told him they were not that big and  just to let me know what it had cost, "no problem, I'll bring you one back" he promised.

Cue midnight the following night, the phone in my office rang, "hiya mate, found one, they're flaming huge, but don't worry, I'll get it on the wagon".

I asked him how big it was and he replied, "it must be a good 15 foot long, must weigh about 4 ton, don't worry, it's coming back, there's loads of em"

I asked him where he'd found it, apparently there was about half a dozen of them, just around the corner from the local police station!

The silly ****** was seriously considering nicking a real one, needless to say I told him not to bother!

I nearly had one of them once, I had a spell of collecting model Land Rovers, the only one that eluded me was a model of the armoured PSNI  one. I mentioned it to a driver at work, he was going over to Ireland with a load, I asked him to see if he could find one for me and he agreed to look around, I told him they were not that big and  just to let me know what it had cost, "no problem, I'll bring you one back" he promised.

Cue midnight the following night, the phone in my office rang, "hiya mate, found one, they're flaming huge, but don't worry, I'll get it on the wagon".

I asked him how big it was and he replied, "it must be a good 15 foot long, must weigh about 4 ton, don't worry, it's coming back, there's loads of em"

I asked him where he'd found it, apparently there was about half a dozen of them, just around the corner from the local police station!

The silly ****** was seriously considering nicking a real one, needless to say I told him not to bother!
http://r-s-models.co.uk/r-s-models-home.html

Here it is.

I remember someone in Dublin stole a Garda car and took it across the border and then up our way to dump it.

http://r-s-models.co.uk/r-s-models-home.html

Here it is.

I remember someone in Dublin stole a Garda car and took it across the border and then up our way to dump it.
That's the one, found one eventually at a local show believe it or not.

A few years back, some lad offered me a load of "ex police" gear for my car, he had, he assured me everything, apparently he'd "borrowed" a cop car and intended to break it for parts!

I wasn't entirely convinced, but wasn't getting involved with it anyway, a few months later somebody I knew told me that they'd seen it and it was a real cop car.

Apparently some nice little 17 year old, decided it would be rather nice to stove some old blokes head in,( he was 71), ably assisted after the event by his equally charming 29 year old friend, who's finest moment came when he cut the brake lines on somebody's car after an argument!

The police were looking for the hammer that he used, they found it, they won't name the lad, as, apparently being 17 he's classed as a juvenile, and needs protection!

What a pity nobody protected the old guy from this pathetic piece of scum!

if they really don't like him,he may end up in trial having turned 18.....

Lets be honest though, chances are the 29 year old wound him up to commit the crime.

if they really don't like him,he may end up in trial having turned 18.....

Lets be honest though, chances are the 29 year old wound him up to commit the crime.
Nah, the young ones round here are awful, mind you I'll bet he owns a staffy or something similar! There's one gobby runt round here, walks round puffing his chest out and trying to look intimidating, because he's got his mutt on the end of a tow chain, completely different bloke when he ain't got it with him.

Nah, the young ones round here are awful, mind you I'll bet he owns a staffy or something similar! There's one gobby runt round here, walks round puffing his chest out and trying to look intimidating, because he's got his mutt on the end of a tow chain, completely different bloke when he ain't got it with him.
buy a Mastiff, only 3 dogs intimidate my Jack Russell, Wolfhounds, Great Danes, and Mastiffs