Single or double pole rcbo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguar1

Reaction score
I assume that you have to fit a double pole rcbo at the consumer unit to protect your sockets as they may be used outside in the garden , ie in the event of a fault both the live and neutral are isolated , would you be allowed to fit a single pole rcbo for sockets ??

I assume that you have to fit a double pole rcbo at the consumer unit to protect your sockets as they may be used outside in the garden , ie in the event of a fault both the live and neutral are isolated , would you be allowed to fit a single pole rcbo for sockets ??
BS7671:2008-Reg. 537.2.1.1 For TN-S & TN-C-S

HTH

KME

Yes i found the reg on page 116 , but where does it mention outside in the garden ie outside the building ?

But i was told by my lecturer on the 17th iee course it had to be double pole for out doors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time you go in, ask him for the reg. no. please?AFAIAC, I would go with 537.2.1.1.

KME
concur,

I think most tutors etc just assume systems, spoke to one a while back and he admitted to never even having seen a TT system, :|

no probs there, but how can someone teach you about something they dont even understand themselves?

they are only reading text out, NOT teaching.! :eek:

IMHO you really only/ever should break the N on a TT system, never on a TNCS.

But i was told by my lecturer on the 17th iee course it had to be double pole for out doors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i think i heard this too. Ill try and research this myself.