Single pole rcbo

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguar1

Reaction score
Is it ok to use a single pole rcbo in the house consumer unit to protect the garage and the garage supply cable or should it be a double pole rcbo.

Some may say what if you have a fault then you have to reset back at the house but this way i am also protecting the garage supply cable as its outside the house and the garage is detached.

Is it ok to use a single pole rcbo in the house consumer unit to protect the garage and the garage supply cable or should it be a double pole rcbo.Some may say what if you have a fault then you have to reset back at the house but this way i am also protecting the garage supply cable as its outside the house and the garage is detached.
personally i would use a double pole selective type, or time delay.

but dont think the 16th makes any distinction if its single pole or not protecting the cable,

would need to be double pole for the sockets in the garage tho.

also read the post about exporting PME/TNCS if your already on top of that aspect. :D

As you can use single pole rcbo's for house ring main sockets so it must be ok for the same for a garage as you can plug a lawnmower into your house socket , or is it because a garage is an outbuilding hence a double pole rcbo ?? Thanks

ok so could i use a mcb at the house consumer unit and a small consumer unit with a rcd in the main switch at the garage- only problem i can see is that the garage supply cable isn't protected by an rcd only an mcb.Thanks again

Yup. Decided, after presing the magic button, that I was talking stoopid.
Talkin stoopid???? hmmm?? ?:|

KME??? ?:| hmmmm? ?:| ? :|

So I removed the offending bit of nonsense' date=' [u']before I lost ALL credibility!
Loose Credibility???? hmmm???? ?:| ? :| ?:|

KME?? credible???? hmmmm???

I shall have to evaluate these statements in the morning... when sober?

at present... Does NOT compute!!!! :eek: ] :) ]:)

S`ok mate. I went to post somethinglast night, and immediately decided I was wrong; so removed it before (almost) anyone noticed. Thanks Slipslap. :x
Whats it worth not to tell EVERYONE what you wrote ]:)

Mr Sworld, your semi-correct with that link although i should have added 'single module'. 2 module Rcbo's wont fit in most C/U except at the end of the bus bar, and that also depends on which side the L or N connections are.

Whats it worth not to tell EVERYONE what you wrote ]:) Mr Sworld, your semi-correct with that link although i should have added 'single module'. 2 module Rcbo's wont fit in most C/U except at the end of the bus bar, and that also depends on which side the L or N connections are.
and why not?

dont you own a hacksaw, or pliers capable of cutting a piece of pressed copper strip?

Latest posts