Sky in four rooms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTbangbang

Trainee DEI
Reaction score
Hello,

Please would somebody be able to tell me what I would require [cable, outlets, boxes] to enable Sky in four rooms - so each room user can watch their preferred program? I currently have a Sky box and one TV. I would like the other 3 users to watch Sky on their computer monitors.

I am also setting up a network (with modem and router) for the three computers. Is the Sky (?coax) network independent of the computer (Cat 5e and RJ45s) network?

Many thanks for any advice.

TTbb

Sky boxes have a second AV outlet in the back - you just have to use the settings to turn it on:

Press 'Services' on the Sky remote, then type 4 0 1 and press 'Select'

Select Option 4 "RF outlets"

Change the RF channel number to a number of your choosing (between 21 and 68). It's important not to clash with a TV service on the same number, and if after you've finished, one of your TV channels goes fuzzy, you have a clash and need to change the RF channel number again.

All you need is some co-ax with a standard plug on the end. No booster needed for 1 tv. You can get a gadget that will let you change chanel from the other room to.

Not sure how you'd 'network' it? Someone will know :)

Hello,Please would somebody be able to tell me what I would require [cable, outlets, boxes] to enable Sky in four rooms - so each room user can watch their preferred program? I currently have a Sky box and one TV. I would like the other 3 users to watch Sky on their computer monitors.

I am also setting up a network (with modem and router) for the three computers. Is the Sky (?coax) network independent of the computer (Cat 5e and RJ45s) network?

Many thanks for any advice.

TTbb
Not to sure but I think you will find you need to contact SKY, as you can split the signal from set top box but they would have watch what ever the person in the room with set top box is located.

I have seen adverts were you can have SKY and watch different channels at the same time in different locations but it costs more.

As to the computers that is a totally different scenario, you can connect each computer to the router and the router is then connected to the modem you will find though that if everyone tries to connect to internet at same time it will slow individual connection speed to internet.

Not to sure but I think you will find you need to contact SKY, as you can split the signal from set top box but they would have watch what ever the person in the room with set top box is located. I have seen adverts were you can have SKY and watch different channels at the same time in different locations but it costs more.

As to the computers that is a totally different scenario, you can connect each computer to the router and the router is then connected to the modem you will find though that if everyone tries to connect to internet at same time it will slow individual connection speed to internet.
When I said about splitting the signal I meant the signal cable from set-top box to TV not the input signal cable to set top box.

its the only way . free sat.

still use 1 disc and fit a quad LMB. if u have sky plus u are knackered u can only have 2 free sat

nice link! :D :x
A sky engineer told me about it when we were working at the same address , took a while for me to find it again as I'd not saved the link.

No Need to save it no though. :D

Would be good if you could add it here though M107, Mate. :p

Latest posts