SMA inverter repair

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEEMAH

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a SMA 15000TL solar inverter that has failed. We are unable to source a new one due to supply issues. Is there anyone on here that can repair one or point me in the right direction? Any help appreciated. Thanks

Or replace it with another brand, may be cheaper than trying to get yours repaired, I checked for obvious burnt connections on mine and the voltages at certain test points, which didn’t help, so I ended up changing mine for another brand which was 1/2 the price of a SMA and had a 5 year warranty which is the same as SMA.
Also remember we are entering peak generation time just now and if you did go down the repair route you will be losing money every day ( I am of course presuming you are getting a FIT)

Yes, I think we might be as well replace it. SMA are quoting £1100 for a service exchange with a years warranty and I guess a new one isn't a great deal more. Any recommendations for a good replacement? Thanks

Yes, I think we might be as well replace it. SMA are quoting £1100 for a service exchange with a years warranty and I guess a new one isn't a great deal more. Any recommendations for a good replacement? Thanks
I like Solis, but availability of parts isn't great at the moment. SMA is better built than Chinese gear, but it's hard to justify the cost. However, a service repair will be with you in days. They send it out with a yellow cover, you swop covers and return the duff unit to them.

Hi,

We have a SMA 15000TL solar inverter that has failed. We are unable to source a new one due to supply issues. Is there anyone on here that can repair one or point me in the right direction? Any help appreciated. Thanks
Good morning I carry out repairs on inverters and over the years have succeeded in many but it depends on what is wrong , also parts can be an issue. Some brands have there own know faults many old units have poor soldered joints which cause huge issues and some burn out the PCB boards beyond repair. My advise like you just had from others is also to opt for a second hand unit. I always opt and advise a used early growatt they seem to be bullet proof. I would recommend you buy a used save money. By the time you send it off to a repair company you could be looking at £100 just for postage and a report. £100 more you will buy a good used unit.