SMA Sunny boy set up parameters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unicorn

Reaction score
Hi all

First post, so please be gentle.

I'm looking for a bit assistance on setting up a Sunny boy 3.6, specifically section 4 "Grid management service".
The system is a simple domestic install, a set of panels into the inverter and its tied to the grid. Nothing special.

This is the first time I've had to set one of these up, and I'll admit I'm a bit lost with some of the drop down options, as the screen shot below shows.
The manual is no help, can't find anything on 'tinternet, and I've lodged two requests for technical assistance with SMA in the last 2 weeks and heard nothing for them, which is a bit disappointing.
Hence the post here.

If anybody has experience setting up the "Grid management service" section on a Sunny boy 3.6 and would like to point me in the right direction, that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Uni

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    117.8 KB · Views: 7
why the hell are you messing with that? Set country code via the 2 little dials if not on UK already, select G99 / G100 and leave everything else alone.

Thanks for the reply, but in my defense I'm not really "messing about" with anything.

There are no two little dials, everything is done in software.

I'm just going through the set-up steps as per the manual using the inverters own "installation wizard" and got to step 4 "Grid management service"......and got stumped at some of the options.

I thought about setting most things to "off" but just wanted to confirm with someone if this is correct.

There's lots of options, all best left alone unless you are trying to do something very specific. It's all preset to function correctly direct from the factory.