Small scale generators advice please.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulip Spark

Reaction score
I'm after the article from Professional Electrician many years ago explaining the dangers if running two items of class 1 equipment from a SSG. My googling is coming up fruitless. I have been asked to help with the electrics at a small village fete and I know they use 1 gennie with extension lead into marquee feeding 4 flo lights, burcoboiler and other floodlights. I have said no to this set up and also to helping as I've no BS 7909 experience so not covered to sign it off on the night. Would like the article to show the committee I'm not just being awkward. Any other advice would be gratefully received. TIA.

I thought BS7909 was for film and OB sets not for village fates, but I could be wrong,

if there is only one portable generator with an RCD(0.03Amp), don't forget you must use an earth rod (a tested earth rod) and you keep all P.A.Tested leads short as possible, dry and away off the ground, you should be OK,

Last edited: