So, go on then.....how are you meant to connect this up

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
So, I have been threatening to put a sink in my garage for 30 plus years. Called in local scrapers a couple of weeks ago,and picked up a very nice Franke bowl and a half unit for  fiver

set it all up bank holiday weekend, made frame, cored wall for waste, connected all wastes just needed a tap.

ordered one off eBay 19.99 ( went for a mortuary/undertakers tap,with a pull out hose and switchable spray.  Really don't like them in kitchens as they remind me of their original use and I have seen far too many. But perfect for my situation)

ebay sale was a scam and I got refund. Ordered another so thought I would install,it after work tonight.  How the frickety frick  are you meant to tighten the tails into,the tap body?   The flats on the tails are about 3" up inside the tap body   Hole is about. 1 1/4". Tails are about 1/2". No space for a crows foot wrench and I cannot think of owt else without welding something up!  Ended up just twisting the braided pipe until finger tight. It's got 2 O rings and doesn't leak with 1.5b wp.  But there must be an official,way, surely?

flexi tails? just twist the hose hand tight. the seal is on the o ring, not the thread, so as long as its in far enough then itll be fine. once fitted the hose cant unscrew itsself

Hand tight on flex is all that is required, as Andy says sealing done on O ring and hand tight is as per design.

can you get a box spanner in that gap?
Nope as there is a 1/2" nut on other end of pipe

as our esteemed members have advised.....the seal is afforded by the two, O rings so finger tight should  be fine.The  Chinglish instructions are un translatable. .it's in now, poshest garage sink in the area

I learned about them the hard way many years ago. Just stuck them anyhow, thinking the pattern was random, but then once you've seen the damn chicken you can't "unsee" it.

Around here it's 'chicken'

and that one needs rotating 180°

my mates new house has got fake chicken tiles. Apart from 3!!!!!!!! They were in the bathroom, they have now had a burial by the council

I just found 4 white tiles......so,it's white!

well,it will be when I get around to it

IMG_4913.JPGIMG_4914.JPG

I was pleased with it considering minimal cost and effort required

tap,£23, space saver waste £10 as there's was a washer missing.....normally about £20, sink £5

verything else was left over from other jobs

saves all,the earache from current wife about cleaning paintbrushes in the bath

i put a Franke sink in kitchen 39 years ago....redid kitchen about 7 years ago....moved sink to new utility room. Still looks like new. Franke sinks are bomb proof. Have a look at the Howdens ones, they are mad of substandard tinfoil,and Edam

That's the sink I have in my kitchen, with a better tap than mine!  Too posh for the garage! 

My garage has a scruffy old vanity unit rescued when I upgraded a bathroom!

That's the sink I have in my kitchen, with a better tap than mine!  Too posh for the garage! 

My garage has a scruffy old vanity unit rescued when I upgraded a bathroom!
Because I'm /my paint brushes are worth it 😂

I shall gob the tiles on tomorrow, pity I havnt got a 'shell' soap dish. That would complement in perfectly! Oh and a roller towel dispenser along with a nail brush and sink 'bit tidy'😂

Latest posts