So how far do you go???????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whats the typical travelling distance you normally go on a regular basis..

say at least 3 or more times per week...

Obviously with business slowing may be more travel required to get jobs..

is your work mostly local or a bit of a commute????? ?:| ;)

Just wondering whats the typical travelling distance you normally go on a regular basis.. say at least 3 or more times per week...

Obviously with business slowing may be more travel required to get jobs..

is your work mostly local or a bit of a commute????? ?:| ;)
i cover all the midlands Applaud Smiley;)

10 mile max for me otherwise the van overheats :^O :^O

if the moneys good 25 miles

In a fixed workplace now, some jobs at other venues.

In my 'touring' days I was all over Europe. It was a laugh but the waking up on the bus with the 'What F&*king city am I in today again' feeling isn't missed! :^O

Well, as needs must...

But 10 mile radius covers a lot of properties for me..

:D

more than 10 miles I keep hitting the sea ( im in the bottom end of Cornwall)

I add travel based on post code to my quotes - but max of 50 miles. However I haven't officialy started on my own yet (1st October) - so may have a different opinion in a month or two!

My current firm (until tomorrow) have a menu based priced system within their franchised area - so same price for 1 mile travel as 50 - but costs are built in - you do question the value sometimes!

more than 10 miles I keep hitting the sea ( im in the bottom end of Cornwall)
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Its does go a bit further in the other direction.....

turn your wheel the opposite way and I guess you could do the best part of 900miles if you really wanted... :) ;)

can I temp you with a PIR & new socket in John-O-Groats:^O:^O:^O:^O

Specs - I've voted. It's doesn't specify which trade...........Blushing
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:D

phtt!! :eek: :_| :_|

well thats completley c0cked up vital scientific survey...

millions of man-hours of research down the drain....

:OX( :( :(

in steady work just now and travel 20 mile to get there. When working 'for myself' i will travel up to 50 mile.

Hurray it does, incidentally I picked it because Binky was death's horse in the discworld novels, and I thought the Don would approve ( I can hear the knives being sharpened now:^O:^O:^ O)

Will travel to the job, if they`ll pay the cost...........

If that is 200+ miles away, but they decide they want ME to do the job, then so be it.

In the current climate, I can ill afford to refuse a customer, based on their location relative to mine.