So the stuff of Sci-fi past in the present?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's a difficult question. To some extent I support this sort of tech as it makes it harder for fraud / crime etc etc, but, it also means varius 'organisations holding your personnel data and implementing a totalitarian state much easier eg China. Unless you really trust ;the powers that be' to have your true interests at heart, then I prefer them not to be able to control me that easily. Doing away with cash is another example of a creeping loss of power to ordinary people. 

Nothing new in this: 

This was written 2000 years ago.

16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666.

Revelation 13:16-18

Palm scanner for now but how long before the RFID is in everyone? bank accounts, driving licence, passport and medical records etc? 

Just a thought..

Its straight out of  Star Trek  .     And a bit scary .  !  

It reminds me of a government proposition for all  new vehicles to have built in  trackers that  monitor the vehicle's position at all times .    Cannot be switched off .  

It was not taken up , but now our phones do it instead .     And it is rumoured that the Spooks can activate  your phone mic  to eavesdrop.  

The Book of Revelations  is weird  to say the least ,  no one understands it .     There are many seals to be opened ,  Not forgetting The Four Horsemen of the Apostrophe ,  galloping roughshod & founding Forums all over the place . 

well from 2022 all new cars will have speed limiters that recognise speed limits and slow the car down when necessary. Don't tell me these systems won't know where we are? More and more surveillance, people using Alexa etc having goodness who listening in to private conversations, cameras everywhere, it wont take much for it to get to the next level of total control.

I always said the nomad way of living was far better! 
it’s taken how long to find some of the tribes in the Amazon! I bet they’ve all been given phones for their own use! Haha

well from 2022 all new cars will have speed limiters that recognise speed limits and slow the car down when necessary. Don't tell me these systems won't know where we are? More and more surveillance, people using Alexa etc having goodness who listening in to private conversations, cameras everywhere, it wont take much for it to get to the next level of total control.
this is my concern for 'creeping tech surveillance' . It's kind of good, the sheer convienence of joined up tech, but it's so easily abused. China wrks a system whereby you have to have an ID card from birth, bit like NI number, and you can't do anything without said card. Some would argue what do law abiding people have to worry about, but, I prefer to reserve the right to mis-behave if pushed hard enough and challenge state control. 

I have discussed the data collected by the likes of Google etc etc with my 23 year old son, who is a bit of a geek. He reckons they collect so much data they can't process it even if they wanted to. 

this is my concern for 'creeping tech surveillance' . It's kind of good, the sheer convenience of joined up tech, but it's so easily abused. China works a system whereby you have to have an ID card from birth, bit like NI number, and you can't do anything without said card. Some would argue what do law abiding people have to worry about, but, I prefer to reserve the right to mis-behave if pushed hard enough and challenge state control. 

I think that the UK should use retina images to confirm who people are - starting by recording criminals, then people coming to the UK and then as people claim benefits ............. too many people use multiple identities and others don't give the Police their ID or real name ................. both of these areas cost the UK a huge amount in wasted Police time

I'd have an ID card - in fact I've had a photo driving licence since they came out and carry it all the time

So these palm scanners, will there be Amazon emblazoned, Gypsy tents springing up everywhere to house them? Will it also read my future, tell me how many kids I'm going to have and that I'll soon meet a tall, dark, handsome stranger?