Socket & See CB300 Check Box

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megger mike

www.isswww.co.uk
Reaction score
Morning everyone,

Have got myself a Socket & See CB300 Checkbox. Found out when I got it that the summary guide sheet (which is normally placed inside the lid) wasn't there.

I have asked EVERYONE I know in the trade, looked online, asked about and had no such luck. The big reason I've had no luck is beacuse Socket & See are no more. They got ripped up and given to Kewtech and REL. Neither have this summary guide sheet I need.

So....What Im looking for is hopefully someone that has a CB300 check box which they bought before the company got disbanded, which has this sheet in the lid. I don't know maybe a scan or a photo of the sheet. Something like that, any help?

Thanks guys :Applaud

Mike

have a look at the forum sponsors

isswww may be able to help you

i think meggarmark is your man

Thanks for the reply but I have tried them all.

I have good dealings with Mark and ISSWWW.co.uk but no luck. I've tried so many places! I honestly think my only shot at finding this information is from someone that has a CB300 before Socket & See went bust.

Regardless thanks for the help :Salute

Thanks buddy but I already found that.

It's not for me, it's for a friend. I sent him that pdf and he showed me this:

Check box calibration values

Important: As there are always very slight differences between the values of

components used, the actual check values of each check box are likely to vary

slightly from the nominal values shown on the check box face label.

Each CB 300 is calibrated and the actual values of your individual CB 300 are

shown on the calibration summary label inside the lid. It is this calibrated value

rather than the nominal value shown on the panel label that should be used

when comparing measured readings to an instrument manufacturer

Hmmmmm and who would this friend be?

I think I know who it is, which makes me wonder do I know you also?

EDIT: I think I know who you are ;)

Hmmmmm and who would this friend be?I think I know who it is, which makes me wonder do I know you also?

EDIT: I think I know who you are ;)
Volti, Mike has already admitted in his OP that it is his. Then later says its his friends.

Lol

I didn't think it would matter that much and couldn't be bothered to explain :p

It's not mine it's a frineds. And by friend, I mean someone who bought it from me. Now he won't leave me alone because it dosn't have the label in the top.

But like I said, after reading the pdf properly Im not going to be able to fix this unless I calibrate this meter and put the values in the lid. Which I don't think I can do either. Kewtech have given me some good resources to try and help this guy out but I still don't think that would be enough for him.

Regardless, as much as everyone has helped I can't see a solution to this.

I e-mailed a contact on your behalf; Yesterday, Mike - But as yet, no reply.

If he is giving you some hassle - I personally, would issue him a refund and have it back.

Maybe list it on our TEF Auctions or fleabay? clearly stating in the description that it doesn't come with the instructions etc.

Cheers,

That's what I wanted to do but I think he preferred to use it as a right to whine. Thanks for your help again :Salute

Admin, there was a valid reason for my asking as you will now discover, I'm not having a pop at anyone, trying to help in fact.

Mike you don't need to worry about said 'friend', I have sorted it out, I just haven't got round to telling Mark it's sorted ;)

TBH I don't think you are going to get anywhere with this as from the sounds of it that label is the calibration summary for that specific "checkbox" and will not be valid for any other "checkbox" serial number.

Did you sell it as "Calibrated" or not?

If you didn't then you could easily tell him to "go away" :eek:

TBH I don't think you are going to get anywhere with this as from the sounds of it that label is the calibration summary for that specific "checkbox" and will not be valid for any other "checkbox" serial number.Did you sell it as "Calibrated" or not?

If you didn't then you could easily tell him to "go away" :eek:
You are right. I contacted Kewtech who actually had a record of the meters values on thier system. Turns out they calibrated it but didn't send us the certificate. Got that from Kewtech ( did a great job btw) gave it to the customer and problem sorted.

Voltimax, you have intrigued me. Please explain. Do I know you?! Do you know me? or this "friend"???

lol did you buy a checkbox from me????

I know I'm 10 years to late but the summary guide sheetyou are asking for is the initial calibration data.

I just keep the latest copy in the lid.

Hope this hepls 

Graham.