Solar News - PV Panels 1000x more power

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many R&D around the world. some findings are about producing electricity from the moonlight (OK it will be a lot less than with the sun but as always better than nothing).
There are also R&D to panels which will product electricity from sun of course but also from rain. They actually use 2 different tech within the same panel.
The one using the sunlight which is the one everybody knows and the other one using chemical reaction created by the rain that create a movement of the electrons. Of course, once again it won't generate as much electricity but it is better than nothing.
Those tech are obviously not yet available on the market.

This is to say that billions are invested to investigate many techs. The future will be bright :)

The same with the batteries. At the moment the batteries be it for storing the electricity generated by the PV panels or those used in the car will be considered primitive in a decade or two. R&D has started, we hear more and more of solid state batteries, or Sand storage (even if this is unlikely to be suitable for residential).

The condundrum is that:
How long do you want to wait for the ideal tech before you start using what is available at that time.

In 2016, batteries were available but the life expectancy, and their discharge were too low (fortunately some did buy them which generated revenues to develop further, and now they are at a level where I think I can buy them even if I know in 5 years the new ones will be far more efficient.

This is without even mentioning windows and roof tiles that will also produce electricity in the future.

Exciting time ahead for the whole renewable energy industry.

Last edited:
There are many R&D around the world. some findings are about producing electricity from the moonlight (OK it will be a lot less than with the sun but as always better than nothing).
There are also R&D to panels which will product electricity from sun of course but also from rain. They actually use 2 different tech within the same panel.
The one using the sunlight which is the one everybody knows and the other one using chemical reaction created by the rain that create a movement of the electrons. Of course, once again it won't generate as much electricity but it is better than nothing.
Those tech are obviously not yet available on the market.

This is to say that billions are invested to investigate many techs. The future will be bright :)

The same with the batteries. At the moment the batteries be it for storing the electricity generated by the PV panels or those used in the car will be considered primitive in a decade or two. R&D has started, we hear more and more of solid state batteries, or Sand storage (even if this is unlikely to be suitable for residential).

The condundrum is that:
How long do you want to wait for the ideal tech before you start using what is available at that time.

In 2016, batteries were available but the life expectancy, and their discharge were too low (fortunately some did buy them which generated revenues to develop further, and now they are at a level where I think I can buy them even if I know in 5 years the new ones will be far more efficient.

This is without even mentioning windows and roof tiles that will also produce electricity in the future.

Exciting time ahead for the whole renewable energy industry.
I rather liked the roll out and stick it down PV systems, but they were low performance for the space used so never caught on. All things in life are out of date before they get to market, and it's not always the best tech that wins, often it's the cheapest / easyist that wins out. In my opinion that's exactly where we are with EVs, a quick easy and resonably tried and tested solution that is available here and now. I really do think hydrogen offers a better overall solution, but when??

Status
Not open for further replies.