Solar Pricing in these inflationary time?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hightower490

Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a pv and battery setup and have a quote for the PV and the battery.
The PV quote comes in at £13,823 including the following

18 x Canadian Solar 380w panels
Solis 6kw Dual MPPT single phase with DC
On roof mounting system
Pigeon Protection
Emlite 1ph generation meter
Scaffolding included
peripherals included

I understand that there are labour costs and the company is based in the south east and I’m in the south west but looking at some of the wholesale prices this still seems perhaps a bit high? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The powerwall quote is over 10k which seems on par with the price Tesla is quoting on it’s site although marginal higher. I know prices are going through the roof and there are shortages effecting supply chains but if any of you guys can give me some feedback on whether to get more quotes or to forget this quote altogether I’d be most appreciative

cheers

I paid a tad under £11k for a similar system but with energy diverter, Zappi EV charger and 7kWh battery, World of Solar is the company I used and they were brilliant. Try giving Ryan a call 07855313850 / [email protected] (mention my name John Bridgett). I have no connection with this company other than being a very satisfied customer. When I shopped around they were not quite the cheapest but they were by far the best in terms of answering tech questions and designing a system to do what i wanted it to do.

I paid a tad under £11k for a similar system but with energy diverter, Zappi EV charger and 7kWh battery, World of Solar is the company I used and they were brilliant. Try giving Ryan a call 07855313850 / [email protected] (mention my name John Bridgett). I have no connection with this company other than being a very satisfied customer. When I shopped around they were not quite the cheapest but they were by far the best in terms of answering tech questions and designing a system to do what i wanted it to do.
Thank you for the info… When did you have your installation done?

I was looking at my regular supplier the other day, no batteries except the expensive stuff until september, limited range of panels in stock, limited inverters in stock - never seen the shelves so empty!

I’m looking at getting a pv and battery setup and have a quote for the PV and the battery.
The PV quote comes in at £13,823 including the following

18 x Canadian Solar 380w panels
Solis 6kw Dual MPPT single phase with DC
On roof mounting system
Pigeon Protection
Emlite 1ph generation meter
Scaffolding included
peripherals included

I understand that there are labour costs and the company is based in the south east and I’m in the south west but looking at some of the wholesale prices this still seems perhaps a bit high? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

The powerwall quote is over 10k which seems on par with the price Tesla is quoting on it’s site although marginal higher. I know prices are going through the roof and there are shortages effecting supply chains but if any of you guys can give me some feedback on whether to get more quotes or to forget this quote altogether I’d be most appreciative

cheers
where abouts in the south west?