Solaredge and batteries

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Aargh

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I wonder if you can help me. I have a newish Solaredge system with optimisers and an iboost. I am considering getting a battery and I have the following questions. Spec: 6.4 kW system; 16x Hyundai 400w panels.with solaredge optimisers. 6kw HD Wave Solaredge inverter. Solar iBoost+ heating hw.

1 I have been told that my system is only compatible with 'high voltage' DC- side batteries such as Solaredge and maybe one other make. Is this true? Or can I get a typical Pylontech or Givenergy battery added just like other people can?
2 I heard someone say 'AC side battries can lead to DNO trouble' . How so - and what do they mean? I had to get g99 certification from the DNO for my current system and they seemed OK.
3 Am I right in saying my inverter would only support a DC side Solaredge battery, and to get an AC battery I would have to get an additional inverter?

All the best

Ben.

Hello everyone. I wonder if you can help me. I have a newish Solaredge system with optimisers and an iboost. I am considering getting a battery and I have the following questions. Spec: 6.4 kW system; 16x Hyundai 400w panels.with solaredge optimisers. 6kw HD Wave Solaredge inverter. Solar iBoost+ heating hw.

1 I have been told that my system is only compatible with 'high voltage' DC- side batteries such as Solaredge and maybe one other make. Is this true? Or can I get a typical Pylontech or Givenergy battery added just like other people can?
2 I heard someone say 'AC side battries can lead to DNO trouble' . How so - and what do they mean? I had to get g99 certification from the DNO for my current system and they seemed OK.
3 Am I right in saying my inverter would only support a DC side Solaredge battery, and to get an AC battery I would have to get an additional inverter?

All the best

Ben.
Probably tied to Solaredge battery, but they may have a compatibility list for the inverter.